Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Sky Simulations DC-9 for P3Dv2+ Released !

Hi all:

Seemed to me that the venerable DC-9 was missing from P3D for a long time. Now, Sky Simulations have released a version compatible with P3D v2 and up. It's at SimMarket, for those interested.

Regards,

Edward

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

For those who have prior experience with this plane in FSX...how is it? 

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

I had this plane installed in FSX and the simulation is not as complete as with the Coolsky DC9, but is at an acceptable level in my opinion. Now, I understand Coolsky DC9 is not yet compatible with P3D, so for the time being it would be a good choice (and the only one) in P3D for those who like the "iron knuckles" very much, as myself. The "cons" is that the customer support was rated as very poor for its FSX version. Hopefully the developer could make something on his end to change that perception.

Edward

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Anyone has success installing Coolsky DC9 into P3D.  I read online that some people claim it's a straight installation with 100% functionality.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Hi, someone tried to install other extra liveries from the SkySim website?. Downloaded -what these guys call Pre-Livery Tool for P3D- and still no extra liveries posted at their website have been installed because their own installers look for a FSX installation (even if this is for P3D). Assistance from the guys at SkySim is quite poor, with just one "vague and silly" response.

Someone that can share his/her experience?.

Ed

Cheers, Ed

Hi Ed,

The "pre-livery tool" throws your liveries into your main \Lockheed Martin folder, with accompanying aircraft.cfg entries.  Rather than mess with that, I copied the liveries from my previous FSX install into the aircraft folders and added the code from the FSX aircraft.cfg files....all seem ok.  If you still have FSX installed with this plane, you can do the same.  If not, then you can run their tool before you run their livery installers from their website, and you will have to place each livery folder and .cfg code into each plane's main folder manually.

Good luck,

Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Jim, thanks. I don´t have FSX installed, since I´ve moved to P3D more than a year ago. I understand now what the Pre-Livery Tool is supposed to do. Thanks for your kind explanation!.

Cheers,

Ed

Cheers, Ed

Guest Mik75

How do you guys like it so far?

I bought it yesterday, and I am totally disappointed.

The A/P is not capable of capturing a glide slope, nor can it deal with the vertical speed mode.

Some of the textures, especially in the VC, are really bad! I've just flown the -10 version so far, but the acceleration during the take off roll, and the amount of runway this thing needs, even with only 1/3 of fuel load, seems way off...

The announciator panel for F/D and A/P modes is not readable and shows the wrong stuff...

Nope, this one isn't for me...

"Anyone has success installing Coolsky DC9 into P3D.  I read online that some people claim it's a straight installation with 100% functionality."

I've installed it with the migration tool with optimize_parts=0 as recommended on ADX.  The flight controls seem fine so far (have not tested the failure modules yet). I have random periodic graphics anomalies with the strobe lights, and the landing/taxi lights don't appear to be lit during the day. I tried a straight install but was informed some required files were missing, hence the migration tool.

Hans Soule

How do you guys like it so far?

I bought it yesterday, and I am totally disappointed.

Have to agree - I also bought it yesterday, and am also disappointed.The VC cockpit textures are very poor, and some of the text on the overhead panel barely legible.

Wish I'd have seen your comments sooner Michael - would have saved myself €36 !

Eugene

Guest Mik75

I have to say, that my first impressions I described above, might have been a bit premature.

I only flew the -10 yesterday, and yes, it has these problems with its flight model and the A/P on my system.

However, you get all the variants, including the cargo versions in this package, so today, I gave the -20 and -40 a try. The cockpoit layout (mostly concerning the A/P and F/D system) is a bit different with these models, and the vertical speed mode, extending the flaps on approach, and capturing the localizer and glideslope actually worked pretty nicely in these planes.

Yes, the system modeling is more on the lite side, but the nice animations, the solid sounds, and the great performance, lead to a quite immersive experience.

I did a few base training patterns around EDDK, and it´s been quite enjoyable and stable.

Here are a few pics of this session:

d81fbfqaq6tymxjcn.jpg

d81fbnytgtz6v9vef.jpg

d81fbue6zw18616pj.jpg

d81fc0y1xnk8qy69j.jpg

d81fc8u10y1z6gx87.jpg

d81fcftfmx6y1gj7b.jpg

d81fcmi3c8fymy2bb.jpg

d81fcss9hl99nhxdj.jpg

d81fd1dypyyton6t3.jpg

d81fdhkrs9r1kx7w7.jpg

d81fdoxvtmftyog8n.jpg

d81fdvsk3rtqm11yv.jpg

d81fe3xvrf619d6bb.jpg

d81feb7o3rn8x11dj.jpg

d81fehi7n9fjntgzb.jpg

d81feo0czrdj8qqt3.jpg

d81fevh6m664r7kfr.jpg

d81ff1zofo32bn29j.jpg

d81ff8qum1zkpnn7b.jpg

d81fffj2sus8tmqt3.jpg

Thanks for the shots!  I'm close to pulling the trigger on this one...I have a soft spot for the DC-9, it was my favourite aircraft as a kid.  It looked great in Air Canada red & white.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Hi folks,

I bought this a couple days ago and installed in in P3d v3.1 but it will not power the APU bus for start. I have reinstalled twice. I tried it after the default startup flight,etc. Still no juice when I switch the battery on. I have been through the checklist and the tutorial flight, but I dont get past the electrical issue. Any words of wisdom?

Thanks,

Bruce L.

Bruce Leehan

I have recently been flying the Sky Simulations DC-9 (21 and 41) in Prepar3D V 3.4 (while playing Air Hauler 2). It's not bad, but there are a few things to remember, such as turning on the hydraulic pressure so that the flaps and gear work. I can't make head or tail of pressurisation though. There seems to be an autothrottle switch on the throttle quadrant, but I don't know how you can operate an autothrottle without being able to specify the airspeed. However, I have found the airspeed surprisingly easy to control manually. The manual is OK, but could be written in better English.

My biggest problem with this plane however has to do with fuel. A couple of nights ago on a trans-Tasman flight (Auckland-Brisbane), the engines shut down about halfway through. The reason was the wing tanks were out of fuel. Now many modern planes just automatically switch to another tank, but this one does not. I had to manually turn on the pump for the central tank. Then I was able to hit Ctrl + E and restart the engines, after which I recovered from a loss of about 6,000 feet to resume my flight safely. But on final approach to Brisbane, the engines shut down again when the centre tank ran out. This time I figured out I needed to turn on the pump for the auxiliary tank. This refilled the centre tank and I was able to restart the engines. Miraculously, I had only dropped about 600 feet this time. Even more miraculously, I was able to recover from this second shutdown well enough to make a very nice landing.

So last night I somewhat ambitiously tried to fly from Brisbane to Darwin. (This was part of a ferry mission in Air Hauler 2.) I watched the fuel like a hawk and when I saw the wing tanks were almost out, I switched to the centre tank. Then when I saw that was nearly out, I turned on the auxiliary tank pump and refilled the centre tank.

When I was on short final to Darwin however, disaster struck. The centre tank ran out of fuel and the engines shut down - even though I still had some fuel left in reserve in the wing tanks, and the pumps for these tanks were still on. Now I know P3D has the Ctrl + X function when you're getting low on fuel, but Air Hauler 2 no longer allows refuelling in mid-flight. I did try to restart the engines, but to no avail. So, I crashed with the Darwin runway only about a mile away. An incredibly frustrating end to what had otherwise been my best flight in this plane yet. What was especially aggravating was having fuel left in the wing tanks. So I was "out of fuel", yet NOT completely out! It seemed that once I went to the centre tank, I couldn't go back to the wing tanks. If I'd known that, I would have let the wing tanks run down a little bit more before going to the centre and auxiliary tanks. Had I done that, I would have had enough fuel (just) for a safe landing.

Does anyone else who has this plane have problems with its fuel systems, and does anyone know whether there is a way to revert to the wing tanks if the centre tank runs out? Maybe using cross-feed or something? TIA for any assistance you can render.