Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Utility for saving camera views? And... hotkeys

Just started experimenting with the custom camera views and it's great, except that the views aren't saved with the aircraft unless the flight is saved!

Is there a utility that will save the views without saving the flight?

Bonus question: I saw this asked, but couldn't really find out if/how it can be done: Simply, I'd like to create a camera view and link it to a key. Can that be done without add ons?

Thanks!

Andrew

Opus fsi

Also comes with a great weather engine

Just started experimenting with the custom camera views and it's great, except that the views aren't saved with the aircraft unless the flight is saved!

Is there a utility that will save the views without saving the flight?

Bonus question: I saw this asked, but couldn't really find out if/how it can be done: Simply, I'd like to create a camera view and link it to a key. Can that be done without add ons?

Thanks!

Andrew

Without addons you can only assign keys to preconfigured views in P3D. Custom views will always be have to set again in a new flight.

Ezdok however manages all of that and brings extra features to the table.

I was using Opus Fsi before, and though it is a great addon especially since its a 2 in 1 deal, the DHM and camera shake features are very different from Ezdok.

Once I tried Ezdok I could not go back to Opus Fsi or default cameras.

• Upvote 1

EZDOK . . . lightyears ahead of FSX/P3D default cameras. Don't be influenced by those who claim that the utility is difficult to master. Read the user manuals: there are two and at least the basic one wouldn't win a literary award but the basics are there. Put your feet up and watch my video which I had fun preparing.

JJ

. . . and if ever you're tempted by X-Plane, get X-Camera. It even surpasses EZDOK.

JJ

• Upvote 2

Very good Jean, Cracking stuff  :hi:

There's also this freeware you can try: http://www.ezcamviews.net/ 

• Upvote 1

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Without addons you can only assign keys to preconfigured views in P3D. Custom views will always be have to set again in a new flight.

Ezdok however manages all of that and brings extra features to the table.

I was using Opus Fsi before, and though it is a great addon especially since its a 2 in 1 deal, the DHM and camera shake features are very different from Ezdok.

Once I tried Ezdok I could not go back to Opus Fsi or default cameras.

IMHO, the DHM and camera shake features in Opus FSI are actually far more realistic than EZdok. They are also linked very nicely to the weather / turbulence effects generated in the weather. EZdock is far too overdone in the effects and they appear to be just randomly generated.

Did EZDok ever fix the inability to save the views per aircraft. I left it because of that.

Bob

Did EZDok ever fix the inability to save the views per aircraft. I left it because of that.Bob

That function has been available since the first version of EZDOK. All my aircraft models have their own/unique cameras. Cameras for my C172 are very much different than those setup for a 737!

JJ

IMHO, the DHM and camera shake features in Opus FSI are actually far more realistic than EZdok. They are also linked very nicely to the weather / turbulence effects generated in the weather. EZdock is far too overdone in the effects and they appear to be just randomly generated.

Glenn,

All effects in EZDOK can be adjusted to user preference. Here's an example which was simply a test to determine if heli cockpit vibrations could be accomplished with EZDOK. I never did attempt to refine the effect but the video is a testament to EZDOK's flexibility.

Heli cockpit vibration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Subb-7_u_s

JJ

Glenn I agree with you. Been using ezdok for a month now and it just don't have that close to realistic movement FSI has.

Nice video JJ..

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Glenn,

All effects in EZDOK can be adjusted to user preference. Here's an example which was simply a test to determine if heli cockpit vibrations could be accomplished with EZDOK. I never did attempt to refine the effect but the video is a testament to EZDOK's flexibility.

Heli cockpit vibration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Subb-7_u_s

JJ

Yes, but they are still randomly generated. I prefer the Opus approach where its actually linked the aircraft conditions and the weather. Also the movements (as a past private pilot with 150 hours plus) just seem much more realistic to me. With Opus I don't have to touch anything other than select 'large' or 'small' aircraft because the effects were recorded on a 737 and a Cessna 172 I believe.

On Opus, you just select a check box for rotorcraft. No need to mess with any settings.

Anyway, each to their own but Opus is a very good alternative to EZ plus it has the weather engine and its also actively being developed still.

Not knocking EZ, it was and still is a quantum leap above stock but there are alternatives that provide equally good effects if not better in some regards.

Not the greatest FPS in this video and its from the older Opus FSX but it gives you the idea.....

I have to disagree. Yes Ezdok can be overdone if the settings are not done properly, which is a hassle itself. But  if done properly, Ezdok allows far more depth and customization and it reflects weather just as well if not even better. Another thing if I remember well Opus FSI lacks is the shake generated from bumps on the runway/taxiway. I can't recall completely but I'm sure it was either non-existent or very unnoticeable. 

Edit : Ok it's been a while since I used Opus FSI but can you actually save views and assign hotkeys/fast switching keys to them?