Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Utility for saving camera views? And... hotkeys

Yes, but they are still randomly generated. I prefer the Opus approach where its actually linked the aircraft conditions and the weather. Also the movements (as a past private pilot with 150 hours plus) just seem much more realistic to me. With Opus I don't have to touch anything other than select 'large' or 'small' aircraft because the effects were recorded on a 737 and a Cessna 172 I believe.

On Opus, you just select a check box for rotorcraft. No need to mess with any settings.

Anyway, each to their own but Opus is a very good alternative to EZ plus it has the weather engine and its also actively being developed still.

Not knocking EZ, it was and still is a quantum leap above stock but there are alternatives that provide equally good effects if not better in some regards.

Not the greatest FPS in this video and its from the older Opus FSX but it gives you the idea.....

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the comparison. I've had Opus for several years now but EZdok offers me what I'm looking for as an aid in video making although I haven't made any videos for the past three years. Getting old, or lazy, or both! No doubt our videos will be helpful to users considering adopting one of the utilities. Regarding turbulence, ASN gives me what I want.

JJ

Glenn I agree with you. Been using ezdok for a month now and it just don't have that close to realistic movement FSI has.

Nice video JJ..

Thanks Maurice.

JJ

Just out of curiosity - why does the EZDOK website look like it was abandoned year ago? Am I looking at the wrong one?

Do we have another RealityXP on our hands?

The author of EZdok has never been very active on the forum. Note that if you decide to try EZdok, ensure you consult the discussions on the latest version of EZdok at

http://www.simforums.com/forums/welcome-to-118-betatest_topic51090&SID=5619694zbc1z8a4daed182d65ebfz5405439815.html

and also check the following threads:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/the-p3d-v312-is-supported-now_topic54624.html

http://www.simforums.com/forums/my-ezdok-setup-videos_topic38637.html

JJ

Thanks everyone, this is very helpful.

Glenn - what scenery is that from the biplane?

Im not sure. This is a video from the Opus website. It looks like FTX England to me

• Upvote 1

That function has been available since the first version of EZDOK. All my aircraft models have their own/unique cameras. Cameras for my C172 are very much different than those setup for a 737!

JJ

Well, not sure what was going on, but I could never save them. Glad it works now. I am going to evaluate the freebie one posted here just to see what it can and cannot do.

Bob

Very good Jean, Cracking stuff  :hi:

Hi Elaine! Thanks, Have yourself a great night. JJ