Sign in to follow this  
danipelos

First thoughts after purchase

With the GTN units being integrated into more and more aircraft most hardcore simmers here bought in a while back so its just a natural transition to fit them in Carenado planes when the mods are generously available however Its a bit silly to buy the GTN just for one plane.

I understand and I guess it depends on what type of flyer you are.  Tubeliners stick with the FMC, which in high-end aircraft, it is standardized according to manufacturer and for the GA flyers, it does make sense to own the GTN750 if you fly multiple GA aircraft,  I thought about picking up the GTN750 a while ago but I wound up shifting focus to tubeliners, but that's just me.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

With the GTN units being integrated into more and more aircraft most hardcore simmers here bought in a while back so its just a natural transition to fit them in Carenado planes

But what if I just want to fly the aircraft as modeled by Carenado ?

I just wanted a small fast business jet to have some fun.

If you're sincere about this statement then the Flysimware Lear 35 is exactly what you need.

If you're sincere about this statement then the Flysimware Lear 35 is exactly what you need.

After having battled Carenado's Prodigy 300 flight deck implementation and holding it against what is described in the Embraer Prodigy 300 Pilot's manual for the last couple of days, I can only support your statement.

Not only that too many features of the real Phenom are not simulated at all (CSC, LPV/LNAV/VNAV/LNAV+V approaches, ...), what is there especially in the G1000 flight plan and autopilot section is pretty buggy as well.

Carenado's 300 could be a hardcore simmer's dream if the feature implemenation quality was drastically improved and if they added some more features of the real thing (payware addon packages welcome).

A am used to PMDG-level implementation quality and feature depth, and with the Phenom 300 as my first complex Carenado addon,I have learned my lesson the hard way.

Without Bert's mods and a GTN 750, it's essentially useless for any serious, real-world-style IFR flying.

I will also continue to fly the Flysimware Lear 35. It's not flawless either, but it is very well done and doesn't have real showstoppers, and the GTN 750 fits perfectly into this aircraft as it is meant to.

Plus, the Phenom is a lame duck compared to the Lear 35, but at least Carenado can't be blamed for that :wink:

Dave P. Woycek

However, I need to add that after my initial frustration with the G1000 and autopilot bugs, I am actually starting to really like this bird when flying with Bert's mods.

Dave P. Woycek