Sign in to follow this  
raymar

SHOWTIME The long awaited Panel upgrade and GTN/AP/mods are now available

Got everything up & running. Really great job& much appreciated.

Thank you All

Ron

Am I reading this correctly that these mods are only for those who have the GTN or can those without also use these (eliminating references to the GTN in the configs and leaving everything else..)? Sorry if it's more obvious than I can tell.

Thanks very much for all the hard work.  These upgrades are an outstanding addition to the CJ2 (which itself is a great product from Carenado).

A few questions about the PFD:

Is there a manual anywhere for the PFD?

If not, does the PFD provide any indication of standard and 1/2 standard turn rates?

Finally, is there any way to get the PFD to display a CDI while enroute using a GPS flight plan (like the Garmin 1000)?

Again, thanks very much, these are the kind of innovations that keep the hobby fun.

Dave Symanow

Am I reading this correctly that these mods are only for those who have the GTN or can those without also use these (eliminating references to the GTN in the configs and leaving everything else..)? Sorry if it's more obvious than I can tell.

We designed and assembled this particular package specifically for GTN users. Most of the clickspots and popups do not need the GTN.

When we have a little time, we can assemble an installer for the non-GTN users that take advantage of most of the additions and upgrades.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

As a non GTN user I would be interested in these mods. These enhancements now make me want to get this aircraft.

The overlapping knobs of the new ALT and the BARO knob area. This is obviously a problem and I am fully aware of it. I am going back to basics for a total clean sheet design - probably using only the 2d knob that looks correct on the DCP popup in most lighting conditions. If you have ideas PM or email me. This will be in the next update.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Thank You So Much Bert, Janek, Ramon, & Ray!  You four Mod Squad Guys rock even more than the original Mod Squad (I am indeed dating myself).  So far I've just spent time on the ramp with it, fiddling around with the improvements made....you guys bring a whole new level to this plane!

Awesome stuff, and Thanks Again!

Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Ray thank you and the Mod Squad for the hard work, it really is appreciated,

Question: Can i disable the Carenado dll.xml entry and disable the FMC!

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Carenavigraph</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>.\Carenavigraph.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

cheers Rick

Edit: NM i disabled it and its fine.

tpewpb-6.png

Wow this mod is great. I just installed this mod and I have to say this is a game changer! I really enjoyed the original aircraft, but having the new click spots and Eng info on the annunciator panel is great. Plus the flaps gauge is a great touch, because the flap lever was hard to see with TIR.

A big thanks to everyone that worked on this! I'm really happy I discovered this community.

Thanks very much for all the hard work. These upgrades are an outstanding addition to the CJ2 (which itself is a great product from Carenado).

A few questions about the PFD:

Is there a manual anywhere for the PFD?

If not, does the PFD provide any indication of standard and 1/2 standard turn rates?

Finally, is there any way to get the PFD to display a CDI while enroute using a GPS flight plan (like the Garmin 1000)?

Again, thanks very much, these are the kind of innovations that keep the hobby fun.

Hi I have added a yellow indication for half banking on the right side in the pfd. Normally it is a MSG indication. If I understand you correct then yes there is a way to display the cdi but only from the current source. But it is possible to display some needle for the backup source too. Iam currently away from my sim.

My self imposed exile may have just ended

ZORAN

GLEXpert -

Thanks.  I see the yellow indication, now I know what it is.  I do get a localizer deviation bar for ILS approaches.  My guess is that the Proline PFD doesn't support it when flying between waypoints using GPS.  No big deal, just wanted to know if I was missing something. With these mods this is my new favorite plane.

Dave Symanow

Thank you Mod Squad! 

I can not get the NAV mode to work with a course programed in the GTN for some reason. It's acting like the ProLine 21 is still in the mix and not having a flight plan.  Everything else is working fine.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Bill

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument