Sign in to follow this  
raymar

SHOWTIME The long awaited Panel upgrade and GTN/AP/mods are now available

When I click on the Preset button I get only two choices. One is FMS the other is VOR2. The pfd Proline21 file says to rotate the menu advance knob, but nothing changes. I suppose I need the NAV1 freq set for the approach. What am I missing?  Back to the course knob, also I can't get the heading pointer to change either. I hope I am not sounding to dumb, but I guess I am....

Hi Ray - OK, thanks very much for the full rundown on the upcoming additional versions, and the additions to the current version sound great!!  You guys ROCK!

Hi Mels - Yes, you need to set NAV1 radio to the ILS frequency...works like a charm with LOC & GS capture.  Once you do that, (I think) you'll get VOR1/ILS1...(away from sim at the moment, so cannot verify 100%....)  You should then be able to switch the NAV source to NAV1 with the small data knob in the middle of the DCP.

From the FlightSafety Manual - "The left PFD typically uses NAV1 radio and the Collins FMS.  If the source is the onside NAV radio, the course arrow/CDI selector is green.  The source (VOR1 or LOC1) is determined by the frequency of the NAV1 radio. If the source is the onside long range NAV system, it is purple (FMS1).  Selecting any offside NAV source would make the data yellow. (VOR2, LOC2, or FMS2).  The right PFD typically uses NAV2 radio and the second long range source (if installed).  VOR2 and LOC2 would be green; FMS2 would be purple, and any offside source would be yellow.  A single installed NAV source would only show as FMS (no number)."

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

OK, thanks so much for the info. I will keep working on it and see if I can get things to work. It is just a matter of finding the right knob to turn etc....Have a good one....

Well the AP Approach works very great.  Now I can't seem to get the ADF set. The knobs to set the freq are labeled 10's and 1's. When I use the 10's knob it changes the 100's. When I use the 1's knob it changes the decimal portion. I can't seem to get the 10's or the 1's to change. What am I missing here. Maybe I will learn with all your good help...Thanks...

Well the AP Approach works very great.  Now I can't seem to get the ADF set. The knobs to set the freq are labeled 10's and 1's. When I use the 10's knob it changes the 100's. When I use the 1's knob it changes the decimal portion. I can't seem to get the 10's or the 1's to change. What am I missing here. Maybe I will learn with all your good help...Thanks...

Try using your mouse scroll wheel and simply dial up the frequency you need.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Left mouse button clicks on large knob switch between 100's and 10's, on small knob - between 1's and 0.1's.

Artem Titov

RusJet VA captain

2014_12_13_08_40_06_6038.gif?6652

OK, great. I will give that a try. Thanks so much for your attention. It is greatly appreciated...

Mel

Well I thought yesterday I had the PFD and the Nav radios figured out. But today I can't get the NAV Source menus to change on either the side of the PFD. The Menu Adv knob won't change anything. I suppose there is some switch I am missing somewhere. I have to click on the NAV/BRG switch on the DCP to get the menus to show up but I can't change the items in the menus. I have the NAV radio tuned to the VOR freq and the ILS freg set for the approach but I can't get the NAV1 source set on the menus. Don't know why this is so complicated. I guess I need a dummy book to figure it out....Sorry for all my problems, but I really like the plane and would like to fly it....Thanks.....

I guess I need a dummy book to figure it out....

I don't speak english well so I'll show you. First preselect the NAV source with this knob (small one). Then click that button. Just look at picture (preview on click).

27e486d0d89560459288cef62a27e325.jpeg

Hope it'll solve your problem as I understand you right.

Artem Titov

RusJet VA captain

Mels,

"Well I thought yesterday I had the PFD and the Nav radios figured out. But today I can't get the NAV Source menus to change on either the side of the PFD."

"Sorry for all my problems, but I really like the plane and would like to fly it....Thanks..."

I did a video which may help / show the various dials, buttons ,selections etc.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Don't forget to make sure your GTN is main nav source instead of P3D.  Place your mouse pointer on the blue SD card slot on the face of the GTN.  A tooltip should popup.  It should say "Active Nav Source GTN 750 unit 1.  If it does not, right click it.

Ed

Also, might be worth going into the F1 GTN Config software, and ensuring that the NAV source is set to NAV and not HDG.

Amazing work guys!

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Also, might be worth going into the F1 GTN Config software, and ensuring that the NAV source is set to NAV and not HDG.

Amazing work guys!

Bill,

This is the first time anyone has suggested this check that I have seen. Could you show us where in the F1 GTN Config software you select NAV or HDG?

Best Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Could you show us where in the F1 GTN Config software you select NAV or HDG?

You can do it in F1 GTN Config tool and in f1gtn.ini file.

Look at red marks:

66ac47a39704020edfeae0cccc1b4858.jpeg 76905ec5e3e008ea0f8d6fd27fd01d50.jpeg

Artem Titov

RusJet VA captain

Great video vonmar. My gauges just don't work right. I can't change the heading or the course. I still can't change the PFD menus like you should be able to. I guess I will uninstall and reinstall and see if that makes any difference....

Great video vonmar. My gauges just don't work right. I can't change the heading or the course. I still can't change the PFD menus like you should be able to. I guess I will uninstall and reinstall and see if that makes any difference....

Thanks for the kind words.

After you re-install if you still have the same problems it would be good to test one item at a time.

Are you able to post a screenshot of the (panel area) of the first item that you are testing maybe e.g. with an arrow pointing to where you are clicking so we can verify what is going on.

Then we can try to fix that first item.

We somehow have to verify what you are doing visually.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW