Sign in to follow this  
raymar

SHOWTIME The long awaited Panel upgrade and GTN/AP/mods are now available

FSMania just published a youtube video series on the CJ2. There is a link to the mod in Part 2 of the series.

Hello All,

I have a question for you tech's out there. Installed the MOD looks awesome. The problem I'm having is I can't select HDG,ALT,VS any of the buttons won't click or light up. Any suggestions how to fix this issue?

Brett

Guest Mik75

Hi there!

Excellent work, guys!

I´ve just watched FSMania´s videos, showcasing your mods, and I almost bought the plane, when I realized, that it´s already sitting in my hangar, collecting dust... Oh my... ;-)

However, I direclty downloaded v1.5 from the link in his video description, and Installation worked like a charm.

The only problem I have is, that I can´t select "NAV" to have the A/P following the GPS´ flight path.

GPS is selected as nav source, the CDI is set to GPS on the GTN 750 as well.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Guest Mik75

Hi there!

Excellent work, guys!

I´ve just watched FSMania´s videos, showcasing your mods, and I almost bought the plane, when I realized, that it´s already sitting in my hangar, collecting dust... Oh my... ;-)

However, I direclty downloaded v1.5 from the link in his video description, and Installation worked like a charm.

The only problem I have is, that I can´t select "NAV" to have the A/P following the GPS´ flight path.

GPS is selected as nav source, the CDI is set to GPS on the GTN 750 as well.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Ok, after some testing and fiddling, I got it working, but I have to select LOC as NAV source first, in the GTN as well (CDI set to LOC), then I can activate "NAV" on the A/P.

Thereafter, I have to change the nav source on the PFD to GPS and on the GTN as well, and then, NAV stays on, and it follows the flight plan.

Not too comfortable, but it works for the moment...

Anyone else is having this "problem"?

Man, I love the CJ2 with your fantastic mods... ;-)

Sound problem resolved. Started from scratch with everything. The JelAir Sound folder goes in the FSX Sound Folder not the sound folder in the CJ2 Folder.

Hey guys and girls,

Here is the link to get the CJ2 GTN mod. Follow the installation instructions closely. Please don't assume that you can skip any of the steps and expect everything to work. Enjoy.

GTN Mod. There is no password and no link expiration.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5savp7ldsgup5di/CJ2_GTN%20Mod%201.5.zip?dl=0

Regards

Ray

You can find Tim's CJ2 videos here.

https://www.facebook.com/FSMania

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I am having the same problem as MIk75. I was able to make it work with the gyrations he suggested but something is wrong somewhere. When GPS is selected as the NAV source, engaging the AP NAV button should follow the flight plan. As it is now NAV will not activate at all when the button is pressed unless you proceed as above. Any help would be appreciated.

Roger

Hi Ray... thanks for the new 1.6 ver. Would it be possible to check the download link... not working for me at the mo...

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

Guest Mik75

I am having the same problem as MIk75. I was able to make it work with the gyrations he suggested but something is wrong somewhere. When GPS is selected as the NAV source, engaging the AP NAV button should follow the flight plan. As it is now NAV will not activate at all when the button is pressed unless you proceed as above. Any help would be appreciated.

Roger

I reinstalled it again, but still with the same result.

Just a thought, when you say your choosing GPS, as the nav source, Where are you choosing this?

Ok, after some testing and fiddling, I got it working, but I have to select LOC as NAV source first, in the GTN as well (CDI set to LOC), then I can activate "NAV" on the A/P.

Thereafter, I have to change the nav source on the PFD to GPS and on the GTN as well, and then, NAV stays on, and it follows the flight plan.

Not too comfortable, but it works for the moment...

Anyone else is having this "problem"?

Man, I love the CJ2 with your fantastic mods... ;-)

OK, these guys are speaking my language. I have exactly the same issue re getting the NAV function to work, and I get the same result (it works) when I use MIK75s procedure. I change the PDF to LOC first, then the GTN750, then hit NAV on the AP, then change the PDF back to GPS, then change the GTN750 back to GPS. Whew!!  Otherwise, this is a beautiful mod.  Thanks guys!

JIm

Hi Ray... thanks for the new 1.6 ver. Would it be possible to check the download link... not working for me at the mo...

I just tried it. It works for me.

Ray

I just tried it. It works for me.

Ray

Good morning - in reference to my post above (and the others with the same issue) - just curious, do you have to go through the same drill to activate the NAV feature on the autopilot, or not?

Jim

Good morning - in reference to my post above (and the others with the same issue) - just curious, do you have to go through the same drill to activate the NAV feature on the autopilot, or not?

Jim

No. My setup works every time from the gitgo. Read back through the forum threads and see if you can find the light bulb that lights it all up for you.

Regards,

Ray