Sign in to follow this  
raymar

SHOWTIME The long awaited Panel upgrade and GTN/AP/mods are now available

I purchased the CJ2 and downloaded the V 1.6 of this mod. Forgive my lack of computer skills, but how do I unpack or extract a CAB file? I am using FSX and WIN 7. I do not have WINZIP (Hate to buy it for $30, just for a one time use). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Dale

Dale

Hi Dale,

I forget how it's compressed - but can you click on the file to open it using the normal windows compression ?

OBTW: In my many years as an IT guy - my compression tool of choice is "7-Zip" - it can handle just about any type of compression - it's open source meaning it's source code is available for public review - and it's completely free... Aside from your current issue - it's well worth having...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I purchased the CJ2 and downloaded the V 1.6 of this mod. Forgive my lack of computer skills, but how do I unpack or extract a CAB file? I am using FSX and WIN 7. I do not have WINZIP (Hate to buy it for $30, just for a one time use). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Dale

Double click on the cab file and it should open up..

Bert

Ok, thanks for the help. I will try it tomorrow after I back up my original files.

Dale

Dale

Ok, took me a couple of attempts, but got it working. Wow! Huge improvement. Did a short flight and the NAV key worked with GPS, the autopilot flew a flawless ILS approach to KCVG, and the flap gauge is much appreciated. I have not been able to locate the click spot for the autopilot. Not a big issue for me, as I program a button for it using FSUIPC.

Many thanks for this great mod!

Dale

Dale

Now we just have to figure out why the NAV key worked for Tanker yet failed for a number of others. Must be an answer out there somewhere.

Hey guys and girls,

Here is the link to get the CJ2 GTN mod. Follow the installation instructions closely. Please don't assume that you can skip any of the steps and expect everything to work. Enjoy.

GTN Mod. There is no password and no link expiration.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5savp7ldsgup5di/CJ2_GTN%20Mod%201.6.zip?dl=0

Regards

Ray

You can find Tim's CJ2 videos here.

https://www.facebook.com/FSMania

I've downloaded from the link above but the folder is GTN Mod 1.5 and the readme.txt also says it is 1.5. However the Zip file says 1.6

I've downloaded from the link above but the folder is GTN Mod 1.5 and the readme.txt also says it is 1.5. However the Zip file says 1.6

V1.5 is the latest that we have. Must have been a typo. Sorry.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

V1.5 is the latest that we have. Must have been a typo. Sorry.

Regards,

Ray

No problems Ray. Thanks for clarifying.

Hi

I have the CJ2 and the Hawker 850XP but am reluctant to instal the GTN upgrade because of the inability to update the Navigraph database. Having said that when you instal the GTN upgrade does it use the latest Nav data in the Caranado folders or does it import something else? As I don't fly in the USA, can I stil plan flights in Europe and Oceana?

Thanks to the Mod Squad and FSMania for spurring me on but I would like to be happy knowing I can still navigate around down under.

Thanks

Mike Barrett

Hi

I have the CJ2 and the Hawker 850XP but am reluctant to instal the GTN upgrade because of the inability to update the Navigraph database. Having said that when you instal the GTN upgrade does it use the latest Nav data in the Caranado folders or does it import something else? As I don't fly in the USA, can I stil plan flights in Europe and Oceana?

Thanks to the Mod Squad and FSMania for spurring me on but I would like to be happy knowing I can still navigate around down under.

Thanks

The GTN comes with its own Garmin/Jeppesen database.  The latest Garmin Trainer has a 1611 WW database which covers Europe and Oceana.

However, you cannot update this database with Navigraph updates, so you are going to be at the 1611 level until Garmin updates its Trainer package.

I would suggest downloading a (free) copy of the Garmin Trainer and trying it out for yourself before purchasing the Flight1 GTN gauge.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=9256

Before powering on the Trainer, select the WW database.

(Options/Settings)

Power On.

Then Demo/GPS/Waypoint to choose your starting location.

Adjust Map Detail to your liking and use the mouse wheel

on the map for zooming in and out.

Bert

Hello, I just installed the mod and everything loads and looks correct but now the frame rate is about 1 fpm. Any ideas?

I had this problem when I first installed the CJ2 and the solution was deleting the carenavigraph.dll from the main fsx folder.

Thanks,

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

Hello All,

Is it possible to deploy this mod but without GTN?

Here are two reasons I'm asking:

1. I fly only in VR so all that new buttons would be awesome and very handy in VR Cockpit

2. I won't pay $64.95 for GTN for 1 plane.

If it is possible to deploy mod without GTN I would appreciate your guidelines on how to do it.

I don't need step by step guide, the high level guideline would suffice. 

Cheers!!

airMarcel.

Hello All,

Is it possible to deploy this mod but without GTN?

Here are two reasons I'm asking:

1. I fly only in VR so all that new buttons would be awesome and very handy in VR Cockpit

2. I won't pay $64.95 for GTN for 1 plane.

If it is possible to deploy mod without GTN I would appreciate your guidelines on how to do it.

I don't need step by step guide, the high level guideline would suffice. 

Cheers!!

airMarcel.

Sorry airMarcel,

The GTN mod needs a GTN to mod, so without it, you have nothing to mod.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .