Sign in to follow this  
raymar

SHOWTIME The long awaited Panel upgrade and GTN/AP/mods are now available

Bob, I am having the same issue. Any time I try to use this plane with the mods I get a crash to desktop. I have completely deleted and reinstalled both the plane and mods 5 times to no avail. It worked fine for me before my last FSX reinstall. Now, unusable. And I really hate the CJ2 without the mods.

good to know at least I am not the only one. Misery loves company. 

Eddie

Eddie
KABQ

Found the mod by accident, followed the step and it worked like a charm! I love all the changes made, and the GTN fits just perfectly. 

@raymar You are a rockstar.

The only issue I have, sometimes GTN just refuses to start, no matter what I do. Although I am farily sure it's the GTN fault, not the mod. 

• Upvote 1

On 2017-03-13 at 10:01 PM, haskell said:

Bob, I am having the same issue. Any time I try to use this plane with the mods I get a crash to desktop. I have completely deleted and reinstalled both the plane and mods 5 times to no avail. It worked fine for me before my last FSX reinstall. Now, unusable. And I really hate the CJ2 without the mods.

good to know at least I am not the only one. Misery loves company. 

Eddie

I have the exact same issue.. I'm pretty sure I installed it correct because it did load the aircraft one time and then everything worked. But FSX crashed when I ended that flight.. 

I did a full reinstall of windows, FSX and the plane. Made the mods. Worked great for 5 flights. Now instant crashes when selecting the plane. 

I give up. Off to X-Plane 11. 

Eddie
KABQ

Just installed this aircraft and the mod in p3dv3.4. Everything works great except Nav mode in the AP. Cant select Nav mode at all now with this mod. Worked before this so how can we fix that? 

Thanks 

• Upvote 1

I applied the previous GTN mod in P3DV4 and it seems to work :) .

But I didn't make an extensive test flight so  I am interested if a new mod is needed in V4.

8 hours ago, Sunay said:

I applied the previous GTN mod in P3DV4 and it seems to work :) .

But I didn't make an extensive test flight so  I am interested if a new mod is needed in V4.

If it works, the answer is: No  :cool:

Bert

Actually it works for me on p3dv4 (when I can bypass  the known black screen bug). 

Thanks Bert!! Amazing work!

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

I installed the mod in P3Dv4 but I could not get the GTN to ever turn on?  I decided maybe it wasn't compatible with version 4 but maybe I will look again since it's working for you.  Must have missed a step or something.

Brandon

6 hours ago, thetford569 said:

I installed the mod in P3Dv4 but I could not get the GTN to ever turn on?  I decided maybe it wasn't compatible with version 4 but maybe I will look again since it's working for you.  Must have missed a step or something.

Brandon

It´s a known bug (something to do with anti-virus) that showed a black screen, like if it was not connected. They have fixed it already, you can find it on their on their GTN support forum under the thread "GTN 650/750 blacks screens in P3D v4"

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

3 hours ago, chass32 said:

It´s a known bug (something to do with anti-virus) that showed a black screen, like if it was not connected. They have fixed it already, you can find it on their on their GTN support forum under the thread "GTN 650/750 blacks screens in P3D v4"

Thanks...I was able to download the fix and it worked.

Brandon

Please, can you confirm that the mod version 1.1 (i do not know another version of the mod... is the only ¿?) does not work in p3d v4 and c525a cj2 and GTN 750 v4 versions ? I am unable to select NAV in the AP. I perfectly see the GTN and the plane flying in it but, NAV does not work, Maybe I am doing something wrong... 

5 hours ago, Agustin Castro said:

Please, can you confirm that the mod version 1.1 (i do not know another version of the mod... is the only ¿?) does not work in p3d v4 and c525a cj2 and GTN 750 v4 versions ? I am unable to select NAV in the AP. I perfectly see the GTN and the plane flying in it but, NAV does not work, Maybe I am doing something wrong... 

I am flying with the latest mod (believe its version 1.5.  The link to download is on page 14 of this thread.  The mod and GTN are both working fine in P3D v4.  NAV mode works as does the rest of the autopilot.  The only except is VNAV mode which requires the FMS which isn't being used anymore because of the GTN.  There is no VNAV capability with the GTN so you must manage your own climb and descent using FL CHG or VS modes.  Sounds to me like you don't have the latest version of the mod downloaded.

Brandon