Sign in to follow this  
raymar

SHOWTIME The long awaited Panel upgrade and GTN/AP/mods are now available

Thanks Theford569 for your reply. I have download the last version of the mod and I am goint to install and see... Thanks to mod developers, it is awesome ! 

And,... what´s happened with the mod for emb 505 in v4 ? is the plane functional in v4 ? I know that Carenado has not updated this bird to p3d v4... Have you got any information about this? I like a lot the phenom 100 with the GTN 750. Thanks !! :ampun:

11 hours ago, Agustin Castro said:

And,... what´s happened with the mod for emb 505 in v4 ? is the plane functional in v4 ? I know that Carenado has not updated this bird to p3d v4... Have you got any information about this? I like a lot the phenom 100 with the GTN 750. Thanks !! :ampun:

I understand you are keen to have it all working, but when Carenado has not released the airplane, it is a bit much to ask for the mods to be available..

Bert

I was asking because I did not surely know if 505 had been released for v4. Attending to your reply... it seems that ... NO, jejeje. Thanks for the mod in cj2.... it is great !!! also in v4. 

And one question.. do you know if simbrief support the 525a cj2 ? i do not find it. Some similar that you are using for this plane?

Thanks !!!

On 23/04/2017 at 5:19 PM, dscott3984 said:

Just installed this aircraft and the mod in p3dv3.4. Everything works great except Nav mode in the AP. Cant select Nav mode at all now with this mod. Worked before this so how can we fix that? 

Thanks 

I'm getting exactly the same as this. With the mod installed in P3D v4 The Nav button will not light up and and nav source from the GPS does not work.

(The GTN is working as expected in a mod for the Premier)

So I'm not sure it is working in P3D v4.

--

Martyn Pearson

On 30/08/2017 at 5:12 PM, Martyn Pearson said:

I'm getting exactly the same as this. With the mod installed in P3D v4 The Nav button will not light up and and nav source from the GPS does not work.

(The GTN is working as expected in a mod for the Premier)

So I'm not sure it is working in P3D v4.

Ignore me. I did a re-install and re-read every line in the readme, as it's a little strange on the wording. But after that, I was able to get NAV to engage.

--

Martyn Pearson

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 4:45 AM, Bert Pieke said:

The GTN comes with its own Garmin/Jeppesen database.  The latest Garmin Trainer has a 1611 WW database which covers Europe and Oceana.

However, you cannot update this database with Navigraph updates, so you are going to be at the 1611 level until Garmin updates its Trainer package.

I would suggest downloading a (free) copy of the Garmin Trainer and trying it out for yourself before purchasing the Flight1 GTN gauge.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=9256

Before powering on the Trainer, select the WW database.

(Options/Settings)

Power On.

Then Demo/GPS/Waypoint to choose your starting location.

Adjust Map Detail to your liking and use the mouse wheel

on the map for zooming in and out.

Bert

I have tried using this trainer but I'm afraid it doesn't meet my needs, i.e. an Australian navigation database. Is there anyway of updating the database for the GTN with Navigraph as with the "usual" update for Carenado aircraft?

Mike Barrett

Hi Mike,

The only way to "update" the Garmin Trainer Database - is via the real subscription database that pilots buy for the unit - the costs are prohibitively expensive for FS use...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

As Scott said, the GTN Trainer uses the actual navdata as provided by Garmin/Jeppesen.

If you know a real world Garmin owner, you may be able to get a newer, expired data copy..

But for those Flightsimmers who must have monthly navdata updates for their flying style, this unit is not for you, unfortunately..

:huh:

Bert

Copied the above. I subscribe to Navigraph and am very happy with it so I will stick with that. Elsewhere in this forum mention is made of a non GTN update to allow owners to "see" the screen better and have the new click-spots. Did this come to fruition or not?

Thanks.

Mike Barrett

1 hour ago, joserific said:

Can anyone lead me to v 1.5? None of the links are working even on FSMania's youtube

PM Ray Marshall (Raymar the 1st poster of this thread) and ask if it is still available. Appears it has been taken down for some reason.

• Upvote 1

Hey peeps,

Seems like the link died again, anyone has the .zip file by any chance? :(

EDIT:

Ray has his PM function disabled, so can't really message them.