Sign in to follow this  
raymar

SHOWTIME The long awaited Panel upgrade and GTN/AP/mods are now available

OK, I am out of the loop, but can someone try something and report back?

In the autopilot_CJ2525A  folder,  open the file autopilot_button.xml file with Notepad.

Search for:   <MouseArea id="Gauge_Autopilot_BTNAV">

In the lines that follow, change

(L:CDISCase, number) 1 == (L:CDISCase, number) 2 == or

to

(L:CDISCase, number)  0  !=  

Save and test

Bert

Ok guys, problem is (maybe) found. Its based on the "element Update" part, i send the new file asap to Ray.

Its take over from the carenado V1.1 update, i have not working carefully enough.

Which is also the reason why it works sometimes. Sorry

Janek, does this change correct the FLC behavior as well? Or is that a separate issue?

Robert

YES Robert youre right, something has going wrong by the transfer with the new AP xml i rechecked and some errors from a wrong version after the carenado update in there. I was wonder why FLC dont work as expected.....puuuuhhhh

Ok that was the problem, i was confused because i can't reproduce the errors on my sim.

Expect  FLC and NAV updates in the next update.

Thanks for keeping my head up

Robert PM send

Hey Janek, please don't thank me. It's you, Ray, Bert, and Ramon who deserve all the thanks.

You've put together these badly needed upgrades which really do work very well, but just got a bit screwed up with what I would call an administrative detail. 

Robert

Hello Bert

I entered the changes to the "autopilot_button.xml" file via Notepad and did a quick circuit around my local. 

The changes have corrected the NAV button, and possibly other button engagement issues.

OK, I am out of the loop, but can someone try something and report back?

In the autopilot_CJ2525A  folder,  open the file autopilot_button.xml file with Notepad.

Search for:   <MouseArea id="Gauge_Autopilot_BTNAV">

In the lines that follow, change

(L:CDISCase, number) 1 == (L:CDISCase, number) 2 == or

to

(L:CDISCase, number)  0  !=  

Save and test

Here is a link to the corrected file;

It will appear in your downloads folder.

Brian

Brain,

thanks for the short fix.

But FLC and all other fixes works only with the new one which will follow soon.

Hello Janek,

I didn't test in depth anything beyond the NAV button issue, however the indicator lights for FLC did appear more normal hence the "possibly":

The changes have corrected the NAV button, and possibly other button engagement issues

I know there's a lot going on today for many of the Avsim crew so any help I can provide is a only a step toward pay back for all the help, provided to us.

The downloaded file simply replaces the original - so its a quick and easy fix for many.

Cheers.

Brian

Don't forget to make sure your GTN is main nav source instead of P3D.

That makes no difference, click it till the cows come home you will not track your course.

tpewpb-6.png

Janek provided me with his corrected autopilot xml file and I can report that it fixes the NAV mode issue and NAV mode can again be engaged. So help is on the way.

Unfortunately, even with this new xml file, the FLC mode still isn't working as well as it did in the final beta version of these mods. It is flakey—sometimes it works for a climb, and sometimes it doesn't and blows right through the designated altitude. 

The FLC mode also has a tendency to descend initially when you want it to climb. This may have to do with the aircraft’s speed at the time FLC mode is engaged, and may be my error in not having sufficient speed for a climb when engaging the mode. I need to do more testing to know for sure. If anyone knows the recommended speed parameters for use when engaging FLC for a climb I would appreciate learning this information.

Of course, when FLC mode works, it's only in a climb. I seem to recall that it's never worked for a descent in Carenado planes using this autopilot. 

Let me mention three other anomalies that I've discovered with the release version of the mods that didn't exist in the final beta version. It would help to know if others are experiencing these same problems so that it can be determined whether they are machine specific.

First, since installing the release version of the mods, I've experienced a crackling, static-like sound in the VC. This wasn't present before in the beta, and it's not present in any of my other aircraft VCs. Nor was i present in the CJ2 v1.1 before adding the release version mods.

Second, there's a post above with an image of the clickspots for the Annunciator panel. I have some but not all of these clickspots.

The VC display cycles nicely between the Annunciator and the engine info with a simple click on its face, as it should.

However, for me there is no clickspot to popup the 2D Annunciator window. The only way I can bring up this 2D window is to use the Shift+2 key command.

Moreover, once I bring up the 2D window using the Shift+2 key command, the window doesn’t display the Annunciator. It only cycles between 2 displays, the engine info display and the fuel quantity and flaps display. There’s no way to display the Annunciator pane in the 2D window, even if you launch the 2D window when displaying the Annunciator in the VC. 

Third, and this may be unrelated to the mods, but I don't recall ever experiencing this while doing my beta testing. I don't know if this is a Carenado issue not addressed by the mods, or an issue addressed by the beta mods and no longer functioning. When descending in VS mode, the aircraft will sometimes keep descending right through a set altitude restriction. However, it seems to respect an altitude restriction when climbing in VS mode.

Again, your experience with regard to these issues will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

My problem is a tad different. The NAV button is lit but the a/c will not track the course programmed into the GTN. The GTN is in GPS mode, The pfd is in GPS mode but the a/c will not track the course. The APPR mode works just fine, tracks on down to the RWY.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi Robert - My situation:

#1: NAV button can be selected/unselected now with the xml file supplied in the link above by Brian. I have not done a test fight, so I don't know if it will actually track the GTN 750's course.

#2: In P3D v3.2, clicking along the text column heads (N1/ITT/N2%/Fuel Qty) opens/closes 2D popup for the Annun panel, with Annun panel lights only. Clicking nearly anywhere below in the VC's annun panel cycles the Annun panel lights and Engine info, as it should. I am not able to switch the 2D panel view at all by using either of those click spot areas. The only way I can see the Engine or fuel/flap display in the 2D popup is to use <Shift><2>. Clicking within the either the 2D popup window or VC's annun panel (engine info page) then switches between the engines and fuel/flaps in the 2D, as well as switching between the engine info and annun panel lights in the VC. You can have both 2D windows open simultaneously, but the one for the annun panel will only show the annun lights.

#3: I have not tested the FLC yet, so cannot comment about that.

#4: I don't have the crackling sound you mentioned above.

Looking forward to the fix of all issues....Thanks again to OUR Mod Squad!

Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

My problem is a tad different. The NAV button is lit but the a/c will not track the course programmed into the GTN. The GTN is in GPS mode, The pfd is in GPS mode but the a/c will not track the course.

Vic that`s exactly what i have as well!, i just used Brian`s updated XML and it works better, i have assigned a joystick button to cycle nav/gps(default p3d)and it kind of works now on the intercept heading, in the prd the preselect is showing loc in aqua green and i cycle the nav/gps button until the ap/gps cue comes up in green on the HSI.

tpewpb-6.png

I must be missing something. I installed the new file also but no joy.

I have the preset on the pfd on GPS, the GTN is set to GPS. I created a plan in the GTN . Everything works as expected except clicking the NAV button on the AP will "light up" the NAV button but it refuses to capture the course.  As I said, the approach works fine and captures the loc and gs.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hey Guys, It is the weekend everywhere in the world. Some folks still have to work for a living to support their family. This will be solved, maybe not in the next hour as some of you wish, but it will indeed be solved.

All I have is one AP xml file from Janek. The total fix has not arrived. For those of you that want to venture into the bowels of the coding - here is that small AP xml file. I had to zip it up to use my uploader (must be a zip).

download link for AP xml.file. http://mbf.cc/V20ixd (You must already have the full installed version to use this one file.)

As soon as I get the new files I will get them up to the Mediafire download link.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .