Sign in to follow this  
danipelos

Can't enter PMDG website

Hi there. I wanted to download my PMDG B777 package to resintall it but I can't enter their website. It says "connection refused" but I can enter through my cellphone. What is going on here?

It says "connection refused" but I can enter through my cellphone. What is going on here?

Website is being blocked on your computer, most likely by your browser. Search "connection refused" and whatever browser you're using (I'm assuming Chrome) for the resolution.

Full names - first and last - in the forum please.

Kyle Rodgers

I tried with 3 different browsers and no luck...Did a quick search looking for anwsers and none of the worked for me...I guess its not my day, I should disconnect and try again another day :fool:

Daniel Santos

I tried with 3 different browsers and no luck...Did a quick search looking for anwsers and none of the worked for me...I guess its not my day, I should disconnect and try again another day

Doubt that's going to help. Check your firewall and webfiltering.

Kyle Rodgers

"Connection refused" is typically issued when your browser can't open a socket connection to the remote server. Do the following to track down the issue:

1. Open a command prompt (cmd.exe)

2. Type "nslookup www.precisionmanuals.com" and press enter. This is to test whether your computer can resolve the name properly.
    The answer should look like
    Name:     precisionmanuals.com
    Address:  67.215.175.77
    Aliases:  www.precisionmanuals.com

3. Now try if you can trace this server (ping won't work; ICMP seems to be disabled/blocked on their servers):

tracert -4 -d 67.215.175.77

After some hops, you will only see * * * timeout - that's normal, since ICMP is not working down the whole path to the webserver. But this should happen outside your network - if it's happening inside, then you know where the gremlin is hiding...

4. Given steps 2 and 3 gave a satisfactory result, you know the problem is not related to your network connectivity, but linked to layer 7 (HTTP specific, could be a desktop firewall or a forced proxy or whatever...). In that case a HTTP debugging tool could help; you could either use a corresponding browser plugin (e. g. Live HTTP Headers for Chrome or Firefox, or HTTP Resource Test for Firefox only), or you could use cURL (command line tool, but will offer better and more explicit debug output than any of the browser plugins).

ACH1506.jpg

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.” — Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time

"Connection refused" is typically issued when your browser can't open a socket connection to the remote server. Do the following to track down the issue:

1. Open a command prompt (cmd.exe)

2. Type "nslookup www.precisionmanuals.com" and press enter. This is to test whether your computer can resolve the name properly.

The answer should look like

Name:     precisionmanuals.com
    Address:  67.215.175.77
    Aliases:  www.precisionmanuals.com

3. Now try if you can trace this server (ping won't work; ICMP seems to be disabled/blocked on their servers):

tracert -4 -d 67.215.175.77

After some hops, you will only see * * * timeout - that's normal, since ICMP is not working down the whole path to the webserver. But this should happen outside your network - if it's happening inside, then you know where the gremlin is hiding...

4. Given steps 2 and 3 gave a satisfactory result, you know the problem is not related to your network connectivity, but linked to layer 7 (HTTP specific, could be a desktop firewall or a forced proxy or whatever...). In that case a HTTP debugging tool could help; you could either use a corresponding browser plugin (e. g. Live HTTP Headers for Chrome or Firefox, or HTTP Resource Test for Firefox only), or you could use cURL (command line tool, but will offer better and more explicit debug output than any of the browser plugins).

Interesting...would you think a desktop firewall would block an HTTP opening? I would figure that a desktop firewall wouldn't do things like that.

You might want to try to restart your router...in case the DNS isn't resolved correctly or something like that. Or just type 67. 215.175.77 into your browser address line.

You also might want try a restart on your computer. This seems to cure a lot of problems sometimes

Regards,

Jerry Friz

Same here too. Using chrome and cleared history and cache but still not pmdg site shown. (ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED)

Dimitrios Dogos

So check your windows hostfile : c:\windows\sytem32\drivers\etc\hosts (right click open with wordpad) and check if there is an entry for the PMDG site. probably this: "127.0.0.1 precisionmanuals.com"

If its there, you or other software put it there, most of the time used by software distributors with 100% discounts. 

• Upvote 1

Mark Visch

Solved. Rebooted the computer and now it works :smile: Thanks everyone for the help

By the way. When I entered the website I found this:

9559739pmdg1.jpg

Looks like the price is also as real as it gets :D

Daniel Santos