Sign in to follow this  
danipelos

Activation error

Today I reinstalled my 737NGX using my CD box. When I enter the registration key I got with it I get this message:

9558396pmdg-error.jpg

Any thoughts?

Daniel Santos

By the way, the same error happens with my B777X Base package

This actually makes sense. Most of the time, this is due to the user disabling the service we use to activate the aircraft. Naturally, both the 737 and 777 refer to this service.

The most common cause is disabling the aircraft's FLEXnet Licensing Service in Windows either manually or through a utility that automatically disables services such as GameBooster or AlacrityPC. PMDG does not recommend disabling Windows services, the alleged performance gain is dubious and doing so can cause many problems when a program goes to access a service that has been disabled.

To check for the issue:

1. Go to the Start button and type "services.msc" into the search box and press enter.

2. Locate the service called "FlexNET Licensing Service." in the list that comes up.

3. Right click it, choose properties, and under the dropdown menu for "Startup type" ensure that it is set to "Manual". If it's set to anything else you'll see the error.

Kyle Rodgers

I couldn't initialize it. I rebooted my computer and now it won't appear anymore in the Services window. I tried running FSX again and now it says "ERROR: Activation library initialization failed"

Is there some way to properly reinstall that service? Looks like someone has been messing with my computer...

Daniel Santos

Daniel,

You should be able to restore it by Uninstalling and then reinstalling either the NGX or 777.  Both installers should install the service.  Might want to consider disabling any protective software that is running as it sounds like something is deleting the files from your computer.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

using my CD box

Is this possibly an Aerosoft issue that should be handled by their support. It was not downloaded from PMDG but purchased in a retail store or from Aerosoft.

Is this possibly an Aerosoft issue that should be handled by their support.

No. The only reason you'd go to them directly is order issues. It's still our code.

Kyle Rodgers