Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Changing settings for different flights

I was just curious. How many of us have different settings for different flights? And what have you found is the best way to use them? I think of individual prepar3d.cfg files or using a program like Simstarter to control profiles.

I see that a lot of users just set it and forget it but from reading some of these posts, it seems that some have different settings depending on aircraft or scenery or whether it is a day or night flight.

Might be interesting to discuss the how and why's.

not really thinking about those that are testing but just for day to day flights.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi Vic,

Here I have 4 different p3d.cfg files which I can load by batchfiles on my desktop :

- fair + cloudy weather

- overcast weather

- overcast + rainy weather

- night

I also have a very nice FEX cumulus cloud which I can load by another batchfile.

In the past I tried Simstarter, but imho the way I do it now is easier ...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I use the save/load config feature built into P3D.  It makes it as simple as selecting the config from a dropdown box when you create a flight.  I have separate configs based on the type of aircraft I intend to use.  I have one for Airliners, GA, GA-IMC, Q400 and PilotEdge.  I mostly change the amount and ratios of GA vs. Airliner traffic as well as autogen levels.

Brian W

KPAE

Right now I have two saved settings cfg's for P3D (saved from within the sim, using the options screen), one for GA and one for airliners. Main differences are (a lot) lower autogen settings for the airliner and AI (GA has higher GA AI and airliner has higher airliner AI). I simply load the config I want on the scenario screen of P3Dbefore starting the flight. No need to copy and paste cfg's themselves or use simstarters.

I also have saved flights for my various planes. So I have set up a default flight with a default plane and after that I restart P3D, load the plane I want and then save the flight. I place a shortcut to that saved flight on my desktop and I start P3D by clicking on the saved flight from the plane I want to fly. I don't fly many planes so right now I have three saved flights on my desktop.

So whenever I want to fly I 1. double click on the saved flight of the plane I want to fly, 2. chose the settings cfg that fits the plane and 2. set the departure destination and time of day and that's it. I specially like not having to pick the plane form the list everytime.