Sign in to follow this  
LZScout

FSX Shared Cockpit Problem

My friend and I have been enjoying good times in “shared cockpit” mode using FSX Boxed edition, Teamspeak, and the Alabeo C404 Titan. One day he would Host the session, the next time I would. He was using Windows 10, I’m using Windows 7.

Recently, he did a complete re-load of Windows 10 software and FSX boxed additions (plus add-ons). Since then, whenever he tries to Host a session, I cannot connect to him. If I Host, he can connect to me as normal. We’ve tried to troubleshoot this. The right router ports are open, we’ve looked at firewall settings, but we must have missed something. I haven’t changed anything in my setup so we’re thinking it’s something that happened on his end. We are hoping someone else out there who uses “shared cockpit” might have run across this issue and could help us out.

Solved the problem. An incorrect IP address entered into the routers port forwarding menus.

That's the first thing I would have guessed because even though you had the forwarding in place when he installed a new OS the router saw it as a new PC so gave it a new IP :P

Scout,

In case you're interested, there is a Shared Cockpit forum here on AVSIM (down a little further on the Forum list).

Best wishes for Happy Flights.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.