Sign in to follow this  
nicksort

Sound issues only with P3dv3.2

My issue is static and shrieking sound that continue in any view I change to and from.

I do not have FSX installed to be used so I cannot test the sound but I have NO issues with sound on any other game or videos.

I do not use a video graphic card sound driver.

I am using the drivers installed with my ASUS Rampage V Extreme software.

Any ideas

Nick Sciortino

I would suggest doing the following first in order:

1) Check that the correct sound output device is selected both in P3D and Windows

2) If your driver has a software suite check and ensure that the output sampling rate is no higher than 96khz (try 48khz if issue still persists)

3) Remove any AM setting you have set for P3D (both in config and task manager/any other external means)

4) Completely uninstall/remove sound drivers and reinstall or update

I would suggest doing the following first in order:

1) Check that the correct sound output device is selected both in P3D and Windows

2) If your driver has a software suite check and ensure that the output sampling rate is no higher than 96khz (try 48khz if issue still persists)

3) Remove any AM setting you have set for P3D (both in config and task manager/any other external means)

4) Completely uninstall/remove sound drivers and reinstall or update

Thank you very much, Issue was with #2, I dropped it down from 96khz to 48k and sound problem seems like it has cleared up, I will continue throughout the weekend to check and recheck to see if the issue somehow comes back.

Nick Sciortino

Thank you very much, Issue was with #2, I dropped it down from 96khz to 48k and sound problem seems like it has cleared up, I will continue throughout the weekend to check and recheck to see if the issue somehow comes back.

Your welcome. I actually meant to say 48Khz or 44.1Khz. My audio knowledge is a little rusty as well. I'm surprised you didn't have problems with other games/programs. Almost all audio sampling catered for PC gaming/music are 48khz max. Only DTS-HD and some newer technology are sampled at 96Khz or higher.

Your welcome. I actually meant to say 48Khz or 44.1Khz. My audio knowledge is a little rusty as well. I'm surprised you didn't have problems with other games/programs. Almost all audio sampling catered for PC gaming/music are 48khz max. Only DTS-HD and some newer technology are sampled at 96Khz or higher.

After additional flights I did notice the problem still existed but not as pronounced so I looked at the sound suite that came from the MB company again. I checked each option and adjustment and I found one setting that I had forgot to change when I replaced my headset. My past headset could be configured as 7.1 stereo but the new headset is just stereo. Once I set the quality to stereo it began to sound correctly. I then returned to the 96Khz setting and I am satisfied it is working correctly. I will continue to keep an ear out for any changes.

Once again thank you, if not for your suggestion to change that setting I would not even have looked at that software.

Nick Sciortino