Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Just one negative so far....to switching from v2.4 directly to v3.2.3

I can not get clear ground textures from v3.2.3.

While v2.4 has ground textures you can shave with....not so for v3.2.3 using the same settings and the same driver.

Has anyone generated very clear ground textures, with v3.2...and if so...how do you go about it?

That's so far is the only bummer comment...back to blurry textures like in days of old... :nea:

This seems to be a major issue with 3.2.3. Although there are some who have no issues, I am reading of far more who have suddenly gotten the blurries on an otherwise stable system. I am among those that have them. I am hoping that LM will take notice and resolve the issue in the next update.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

This seems to be a major issue with 3.2.3. Although there are some who have no issues, I am reading of far more who have suddenly gotten the blurries on an otherwise stable system. I am among those that have them. I am hoping that LM will take notice and resolve the issue in the next update.

Vic

I then hope so too. I have fabulous visual and clarity performance across all my other sims, with the most current nVidia driver...so much so, that I have raved about it.  v2.4 included. But...with v3.2.3...no joy.  So I know it is not my system, or settings.  As you say, I hope this can be resoved, 'cause I am really having a blast with all the new features...and v3.2 is a keeper otherwise.  

I then hope so too. I have fabulous visual and clarity performance across all my other sims, with the most current nVidia driver...so much so, that I have raved about it.  v2.4 included. But...with v3.2.3...no joy.  So I know it is not my system, or settings.  As you say, I hope this can be resoved, 'cause I am really having a blast with all the new features...and v3.2 is a keeper otherwise.  

Vic

Vic...I think I figured out what is happening to some, including you and myself.   I now have very nice and clear textures...and didn't do a change of anything...but merely flew for 10 minutes. That's when it happened...and another thing...I went from in-cockpit 17-22 FPS, to alll of a sudden 32 FPS and clear textures from then on out.

It is my belief that V3.2 is rastering  and recompiling its shaders...and it can take over 10 minutes into the flight to finally have it all rastered out.  This makes sense to me now.  

V3.2 is more CPU computational  than obviously the v2.x series was...and parses objects and x/y parameters differently than what you would think as linear.

Here is a pic ten minutes into a flight...and the textures are sharp...and myself cruising along at 32 FPS!

Plainly, things are happening in real-time..and not just at start-up. It might also have to do with the sim and its new VAS dump management!!!!

2016_4_8_19_28_46_249.png

2016_4_8_19_38_53_476.png

Vic...look at the fabulous FPS performance I am getting now...and going through clouds such as these!!!   WOW!  v3.2 is a KEEPER!
It is my opinion that shaders update in real time...and you need to let them have that time...and then...WHAM!  Such as this...

2016_4_8_19_40_53_116.png

Very happy with v3.2.3 now...it just needed time to 'settle' in, lol:
2016_4_8_19_47_27_331.png

My one 'negative' comment has been resolved.  So...I have only positive comments to give...I have tweaked and twacked, and the sim now is beautifully rendered.  Quite satisfied.

Good point Mitch. Something I'll look closer at. My checking is usually quickly into the flight. I'll give it more time and see what happens.

Interesting - other than this minor issue I've been having a blast with P3D since day one and it only gets better.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Good point Mitch. Something I'll look closer at. My checking is usually quickly into the flight. I'll give it more time and see what happens.

Interesting - other than this minor issue I've been having a blast with P3D since day one and it only gets better.

Vic

It was blurry, right about to the 10 minute mark...then...wham, bam...FPS came up to my locked ceiling...and what you see in these shots...  It has been that way since...even when dropping out of the sim. Something gets sampled, built...and then stored...

2016_4_9_0_24_49_751.png

Vic...gawd...just look how clear, crisp and gorgeous those Rocky Mountains are, as I head towards Toronto from Vancouver...that peak is almost photo-real!!!

2016_4_9_0_45_4_757.png