Sign in to follow this  
gad11

GTN750 for Phenom 300

How does one get the GTN750. Is it an addon?

It's an addon, you get it from Flight1.

Then send a PM to Bert Pieke and ask him for the mod files. (quite easy install)

I agree with posters above; it is a beautiful airplane, and with the addition of the GTN750 it is superb.

A "Clean & Classy"  modern business jet.

Cheers.

Edited, after reading Bert's post.

Thanks Kabronicus. Haven't purchased the Phenom 300 yet, but in the market for a private jet. This one looks like a winner, especially with a GTN750! :D

You purchase it from Flight1.

Bert

You purchase it from Flight1.

I forgot that little detail.

Thanks Bert

Once you buy the GTN750, ask bert for the mod.

Guest Mik75

I might add, that the price for the F1 GTN750 might look a bit steep. But it utilises the original Garmin trainer software, so it's a close as it can get to the real thing! And, I put this superb and modern GPS unit into so many planes (A2A C182, Comanche, Carenado Hawker, Phenom 300, RealAir Turbine Duke, Lancair Legacy, and others), plus the fact that it is a real joy to use, so buying it pays off very fastly! ;-)

Still thinking about getting the GTN 750 for the Phenom 300. Do I understand correctly that the GTN 750 does not read ordinary flight plans? And that there is no way to generate a GTN 750 flight plan using PFPX or other tools? In other words, is the only option to generate a flight plan to create it using the unit itself?

Thanks,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Yep - you have to build the flight plans in the unit - however - unlike the GNS - the GTN has "airways" which makes data entry MUCH faster... Once you build a flight plan on the GTN - you can save it in a memory slot in the unit for future use...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Still thinking about getting the GTN 750 for the Phenom 300. Do I understand correctly that the GTN 750 does not read ordinary flight plans? And that there is no way to generate a GTN 750 flight plan using PFPX or other tools? In other words, is the only option to generate a flight plan to create it using the unit itself?

Thanks,

Peter

Thats right . Using it on a touchscreen brings the experience to another level. You can get a demo of it from the garmin website, guaranteed after 5 mins of playing with it you will head over to F1 :-)

ZORAN

Thanks Zoran,

unfortunately I don't have a touchscreen device, so I'll pass.

Peter

Thanks Zoran,

unfortunately I don't have a touchscreen device, so I'll pass.

Peter

sorry misunderstanding,you don't need a touch screen to operate the unit.

ZORAN

Have not tried this mod as yet....but it appears that it makes navigating more simplistic on the 300

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Guest Mik75

I love the GTN750, and it makes the Phenom 300 a pure joy to fly.

I highly recommend this GPS, and as it uses the original Garmin trainer, one can not get closer to the real thing! ;-)

I am actually getting more and more confused about why the GTN 750 is so popular:

1) It cannot read .pln or other flight plans

2) It probably can't write .pln files either, so that you have to create two flight plans if you want to use it with addon programs that require a .pln file

3) No Navigraph updates

4) Pretty high price, especially in P3D

5) Have to re-purchase for P3D/FSX

6) I am not sure about others, but I am deeply uncomfortable about entering my credit card number in an obscure .exe program, where I have no idea about how secure the connection is.

7) That may be me, but I couldn't find a demo version. When I try to install the .exe it asks me about credit card details right away.

Flight1 makes a good job in deterring me from purchasing the product, and I say that as someone who would be really interested in this kind of addon.

Peter