Sign in to follow this  
CathayA340

BGLMANX.dll Constant Error

Hello Everyone,

I have just done a fresh reinstall of Prepar3D v3.2 (lastest version, Academic) on Windows 10. After installing the FSDreamteam KJFK, I got this error on startup related to the dll they use for couatl/addon manager : http://prntscr.com/apvs3t

It has been coming up ever since. I uninstalled the FSDT product and everything worked fine afterwards. How can I fix this error? I cannot even get in to the simulator with this. It seems to me that many of my problems are caused by this bglmanx/addon manager stuff...

I have the latest version of FSUIPC installed.

Thank you!

Here is some information concerning this error - http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11862.0.html

I would uninstall ASN and then install KJFK, get it running okay and then install ASN.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for the reply. I do not have ASN currently installed though. This problem also is with the QW 757, (uses bglmanx).

Install t he latest Add on Manager from FSDT,  and your problem will most likely go away. https://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_addonmanager.html

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Already have done that as well, and still the error persists. Could it be something directly related to simconnect?

Please refer this problem to Umberto aka virtualli on their forum, who create couatl engine of bglmaxx, he's going to tell you great things and how to fix the problem. Umberto is just a wonderful guy :)

Thanks for the reply. I do not have ASN currently installed though. This problem also is with the QW 757, (uses bglmanx).

Try this fix - http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12418.0.html

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I checked my dll.xml and bglmanx.dll was already the first entry for addons. Also, I have installed ASN. 

Here's my dll.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
    <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow</Name>
    <Path>D:\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow_P3D.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Level-D Simulations</Name>
    <Path>Modules\LVLD.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_connect</Name>
    <Path>as_srv\as_btstrp.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

I've also tried removing everything but the bglmanx entry in the dll.xml, but the same error still persists.

I checked my dll.xml and bglmanx.dll was already the first entry for addons. Also, I have installed ASN. 

Here's my dll.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>                 Change this entry to True then restart P3D.  Upon loading you will be asked if you want to load each entry one at a time.  When it crashes, that's the module that is causing the problem. 

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Addon Manager</Name>

<Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>

<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>ObjectFlow</Name>

<Path>D:\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow_P3D.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Level-D Simulations</Name>

<Path>Modules\LVLD.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>as_connect</Name>

<Path>as_srv\as_btstrp.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

I've also tried removing everything but the bglmanx entry in the dll.xml, but the same error still persists.

Note my comments above.  You are getting the simconnect error and Virtuali is telling you that you are missing the correct version of SimConnect (in his comments, it was the version put out by Acceleration/SP2).  In your case you are running P3D and that is installed when you install P3D.  You do not have to do anything.

Noting your dll.xml above, I see the problem.  It's the fact you have the LevelD767 and that sim is not compatible with P3D.  There is nothing you can do to fix that problem.  LevelD will not work with P3D correctly and that is probably what is calling for a Simconnect from FSX.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Thank you for the detailed reply. I changed the disabled to True for bglmanx.dll, and the sim loaded properly. I then removed the LVLD.dll entry, and changed the bglmanx.dll back to False so it could load. Unfortunately, I still got the error..seems like the Level-D wasn't the culprit here. Could it be some corrupt installation with FSDT/bglmanx.dll issue?

I just want everyone who is trying to help to know the addon manager is not at fault in this case as the crash error states "The procedure entry point simconnect_text count not be located in the dynamic link library simconnect.dll".  We do not know what the OP has installed as far as FSDT stuff.  If he has GSX, then that might be the problem because that program has to interact with various aircraft (and thus simconnect).  I have provided several solutions provided by FSDT for this error but the OP indicates those solutions do not work for him.  I am running out of ideas but....

From the links above, the older versions of Simconnect will not work if you do not have Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 w/SP1 (see AVSIM CTD Guide for links to the proper versions (guide is about to be updated again, maybe today so cannot provide page number).  You have a very, very old product called LevelD 767 which uses the old, old Microsoft Visual C++2005 w/SP1.  It is important you have the 32 bit version installed especially if you use very old products.

Submit News to AVSIM

As for FSDT products, I have only installed FSDT JFK. I've been uninstalling and reinstalling, trying new solutions but nothing has really worked. I've also uninstalled the Level-D 767, and have also run a reg cleaner. I've probably exaggerated all of the options at this point so I guess I'll just go without the FSDT...

*Problem has been solved*. I copied the dll.xml entry of bglmanx.dll (from AppData/Roaming) to the dll.xml in ProgramData. That worked!