Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

A P3D v3.2.3 newbie..now running hot and true... :)

About time  :wink:

Right Rich...you are so right....(kick me...kick me again!... :wink:

Look at this....H.S.!

2016_4_8_20_27_53_395.png

2016_4_8_20_32_6_981.png

2016_4_8_21_7_58_231.png

2016_4_8_21_18_21_529.png

2016_4_8_21_22_30_692.png

Beautiful Screen shot!

Thanks...I've tweaked and twacked the .cfg file to what I want...set the sim to what I need...and it is pumping out just as all my others...great performance...buttery smooth...and the graphics...well...yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!  :smile:

BTW...it took me three days..but finally got the whole kitchen sink thrown into it...you know...ORBX, UT, Pilots 2010, Accu-Feel...blah, blah...it's all in..

Right Rich...you are so right....(kick me...kick me again!... :wink:

Great shots Buddy - have fun  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Great shots Buddy - have fun  :wink:

Rich, call me now officially, a P3D v3.x Groupie, lol

Man, this sim is buttery smooth...and the feature set, DOES leave v2.x in the dust....poof...

2016_4_8_21_49_31_907.png

I must be the curmudgeon here.  I bought it last week after reading the new review.  I then scratched my head, wondering if this was a case of "the emperor's new clothes".  Does the fact that it is new mean that it has to be better?

Yes, it was smoother, but perhaps I have FSX tweaked just right, for I saw no justification for going out and buying the same aircraft, scenery, etc. etc. again, let alone the time needed to install and tweak all of that.  It was still FSX, but for another $59.95 (academic version).

Maybe it is because my system is not up to snuff.  Although it was state of the art when I built it, it is probably middle of the road now -- Intel i7 4770k liquid cooled @ 4400 MHz on an Asus Maximus VI Hero, 16 GB DDR3 @ 2400 MHz, NVIDIA GTX 780.

In any case, I got my refund and wiped it from my computer, so, no harm no foul. 

Personally, I will wait for v. 4.0.

I must be the curmudgeon here.  I bought it last week after reading the new review.  I then scratched my head, wondering if this was a case of "the emperor's new clothes".  Does the fact that it is new mean that it has to be better?

Yes, it was smoother, but perhaps I have FSX tweaked just right, for I saw no justification for going out and buying the same aircraft, scenery, etc. etc. again, let alone the time needed to install and tweak all of that.  It was still FSX, but for another $59.95 (academic version).

Maybe it is because my system is not up to snuff.  Although it was state of the art when I built it, it is probably middle of the road now -- Intel i7 4770k liquid cooled @ 4400 MHz on an Asus Maximus VI Hero, 16 GB DDR3 @ 2400 MHz, NVIDIA GTX 780.

In any case, I got my refund and wiped it from my computer, so, no harm no foul. 

Personally, I will wait for v. 4.0.

I feel you are losing out big time...here is my 'Mitch' colorization of early Dusk....and this is the only sim that can let you do this, live, and on the fly, with the custom HDR!!!

2016_4_9_0_24_49_751.png

2016_4_9_0_35_22_599.png

2016_4_9_0_37_29_948.png

2016_4_9_0_42_17_105.png

2016_4_9_0_50_57_808.png

Goodnight all, as we pass overhead...passengers are getting a blanket, BOSE QuietComforts, and a drink.....

2016_4_9_0_52_34_602.png

Very nice. You've at least got me thinking about P3D.  I've tried FSX-Steam Edition which was a waste of time.  No live customer support.  I just might go for P3D.

Jim Elder

Very nice. You've at least got me thinking about P3D.  I've tried FSX-Steam Edition which was a waste of time.  No live customer support.  I just might go for P3D.

Jim Elder

Jim, I held off a long, long time.  It was my long-held belief that this was merely v2.6.  

I was so wrong...there are a ton of differences, some in your face...but most, with usage...subtle...a reflection that was never there, a cross wind that affects the handling, total animation smoothness, right down to 15 FPS...a sim that you can TOTALLY color customize..to make the virtual world,,. YOUR world...

I am having a ball...exploring each piece of it...trying this, trying that...different levels...and I now have the sim pumping out at full bore features...and always banging at the top of my FPS limit of 33 FPS, with Vsync off.

You need to take your time....cfg this...change level that...turn up, turn down, go full throttle...until the sim is your sim, your expectations.

You will love this edition....v3.2.3 and and beyond...

Mitch

Great shots. And make mine a double.

That will be 4.75, and sir, we only accept credit cards, sorry, no cash....  :Tounge:

Jim, I held off a long, long time.  It was my long-held belief that this was merely v2.6.  

I was so wrong...there are a ton of differences, some in your face...but most, with usage...subtle...a reflection that was never there, a cross wind that affects the handling, total animation smoothness, right down to 15 FPS...a sim that you can TOTALLY color customize..to make the virtual world,,. YOUR world...

I am having a ball...exploring each piece of it...trying this, trying that...different levels...and I now have the sim pumping out at full bore features...and always banging at the top of my FPS limit of 33 FPS, with Vsync off.

You need to take your time....cfg this...change level that...turn up, turn down, go full throttle...until the sim is your sim, your expectations.

You will love this edition....v3.2.3 and and beyond...

Mitch

That will be 4.75, and sir, we only accept credit cards, sorry, no cash....  :Tounge:

Hi Mitch, as I said those are beautiful shots. You and my friend Rich have posted some great screen shots of v 3.2.  I have v 3.2 as well and it is the best sim I have ever used for smoothness and stability, however, I am having issues with my weather programs right now. I have Rex 4 and ASN and for some reason I don't get textures. For instance at my airport when I know it is cloudy and raining I can start the sim and the rain is present but the sky is blue?  This is what I will be doing today to try and sort this out.  Again, love what you have done with v3.2!

Regards

Lamar Wright

Hi Mitch, as I said those are beautiful shots. You and my friend Rich have posted some great screen shots of v 3.2.  I have v 3.2 as well and it is the best sim I have ever used for smoothness and stability, however, I am having issues with my weather programs right now. I have Rex 4 and ASN and for some reason I don't get textures. For instance at my airport when I know it is cloudy and raining I can start the sim and the rain is present but the sky is blue?  This is what I will be doing today to try and sort this out.  Again, love what you have done with v3.2!

Thanks Lamar...and I hope you get it all sorted out. Here are some parting shots from this morning....and I agree...this is the best as you say for smoothness and stability. Yessir!

2016_4_10_6_45_40_605.png

2016_4_10_10_17_50_171.png

2016_4_10_10_22_40_961.png

2016_4_10_10_31_43_187.png