Sign in to follow this  
hychewright

Rex 4 Problem

Has anyone experienced Rex 4 not injecting textures into the sim after a fresh P3Dv3.2 download? I have ASN also and it works fine, just no textures from Rex. I have contacted Rex for help and I know they will get back to me soon. Just wonder if anyone ever had this problem and what fixed it for you?  Thanks

Regards

Lamar Wright

Working here Buddy - wonder if you are using that multi - patching system -  I think Reed mentioned you can re-download most of it where you bought it to avoid all of those updates which can cause problems if it didn't go well - ask me how I know lol

Rich Sennett

Working here Buddy - wonder if you are using that multi - patching system -  I think Reed mentioned you can re-download most of it where you bought it to avoid all of those updates which can cause problems if it didn't go well - ask me how I know lol

Hey Rich, never thought of that! I'll try the re-download from the store and see how that goes...........let you know.

Regards

Lamar Wright

What are your indications of the textures not inserting? How did you determine the textures are not REX textures? Does it tell you the textures were loaded successfully or no message?

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

I am getting the same thing, no textures showing up in Asn,from Rex my path to the asn weather engine is correct. I have tried everything short of reinstalling Rex again. Even using the weather themes =same problem no change in clouds. I am at kprc (Prescott Az ) & asn is indicating cloudy yet the sim is showing some wispy cirrus clouds. I have also gone into the weather themes & selected a theme & installed but there is no change.Hope we can get a remedy for this.

I am currently downloading the original program from FSS store but then I will have to reinstall soft clouds etc...

Ron

What are your indications of the textures not inserting? How did you determine the textures are not REX textures? Does it tell you the textures were loaded successfully or no message?

Hi Pete, I also run ASN as weather engine and I have ASN set to live weather so at my airport it is raining and look up and clear blue sky with rain and no clouds.

I am getting the same thing, no textures showing up in Asn,from Rex my path to the asn weather engine is correct. I have tried everything short of reinstalling Rex again. Even using the weather themes =same problem no change in clouds. I am at kprc (Prescott Az ) & asn is indicating cloudy yet the sim is showing some wispy cirrus clouds. I have also gone into the weather themes & selected a theme & installed but there is no change.Hope we can get a remedy for this.

I am currently downloading the original program from FSS store but then I will have to reinstall soft clouds etc...

Ron

That is what I did Ron but still no joy! Got to try and figure this out. I will keep working on it. Let my know if you find a fix and I will do the same.

Regards

Lamar Wright

Hi Lamar,

Well I uninstalled everything Rex, reinstalled as per instructions from Rex, (without the soft clouds) & I get the same result no textures from Rex, sunshine where Asn is indicating cloudy.looks like I will be flying  in clear skys for awhile until Rex comes up with a solution.I am running Rex as administrator so that part is covered.Spending too much time on this !!!! I used to have Fex from flight1 on fsx & i see that they have a new Fex for p3dv3, I may look into that if nothing is forthcoming from Rex.

Ron

Hi Ron, I am exactly where you are. Is your OS Windows 10? That is what I have. Something is keeping Rex from loading textures. We'll see.

Regards

Lamar Wright

Hi Ron, I am exactly where you are. Is your OS Windows 10? That is what I have. Something is keeping Rex from loading textures. We'll see.

Runs great here on windows 10 - try this - highlight your rex exe - right mouse click on it and go to properties - go to compatibility tab - click on run this program as an administrator

Make sure UAC is turned off in windows settings

Control panel - user accounts

Rich Sennett

This sounds more as if ASN is not injecting the weather....have you checked your paths are all set correctly in ASN?

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Hi everyone

Now I know this sounds a bit obvious and daft but have you systematically gone through the menus again and chosen the various cloud textures ... runway markings etc etc and selected 'install'

Also set yourself up at the threshold of a runway and see if you have any tyre marks visible ... that is always a good indicator to ascertain if Rex is installed or not

Paul

Runs great here on windows 10 - try this - highlight your rex exe - right mouse click on it and go to properties - go to compatibility tab - click on run this program as an administrator

Make sure UAC is turned off in windows settings

Control panel - user accounts

Hi Rich, I'm running Rex as administrator and UAC is off (Never Notify). I have full admin rights to Rex and ASN. Think W 10 is probably ok, need to check my paths to both Rex and ASN to make sure they are correct.  What is the best way to do that Rich? 

This sounds more as if ASN is not injecting the weather....have you checked your paths are all set correctly in ASN?

Hi Pete, need to check paths in both ASN and REX.

Hi everyone

Now I know this sounds a bit obvious and daft but have you systematically gone through the menus again and chosen the various cloud textures ... runway markings etc etc and selected 'install'

Also set yourself up at the threshold of a runway and see if you have any tyre marks visible ... that is always a good indicator to ascertain if Rex is installed or not

Paul

Hi Paul, yes, I have selected my various cloud textures and runway markings and installed. I will check to see if I can tell if runway markings are the ones I selected but I know for sure I don't have clouds. Thanks..... Let you know.

Regards

Lamar Wright

Go to where your Rex Texture Direct directory, i.e. c://Rex Texture Direct.

Open it up and search for installlog.txt.

Open installlog.txt

There you will find exactly which textures from REX4 have been installed. It will also mention to which flight sim platform and the date and time the installation took place.

Then use the weather options from the flight sim first to see if you view the correct cloud conditions...

Then look at ASN to see if all paths have been set correctly in settings.

I had one instance when ASN stopped responding during a flight, and the sky went completely blue, no clouds at all..

Peter Webber

11ik5qh.jpg

2gtcilx.jpg

Rich Sennett

11ik5qh.jpg

2gtcilx.jpg

Mine is directed to c:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 in both instances...try browsing there manually....your folder looks incorrect.

Peter Webber