Sign in to follow this  
hychewright

Rex 4 Problem

Mine is directed to c:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 in both instances...try browsing there manually....your folder looks incorrect.

What - this is where I load the program in the beginning - they are fine - yours is wrong if thats not your default directory when you first loaded P3D

Rich Sennett

What - this is where I load the program in the beginning - they are fine - yours is wrong if thats not your default directory when you first loaded P3D

Hi..my default directory is as I posted...probably just different installation locations...have you checked my earlier post about checking the install log in REX4?

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Hi..my default directory is as I posted...probably just different installation locations...have you checked my earlier post about checking the install log in REX4?

Thanks Pete - I am not having any issues was helping Lamar - I use the short path for install a lot easier to deal with - hint hint - well aware of log - new member of REX beta team I better  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Hi Lamar,

Yes I am also on win10  64. all my paths are correct & the install log indicates that the textures are indeed being installed into P3d v3, in my process log there seems to be some errors showing up, it is looking for Fsx which I don't have installed anywhere on my computer, The path for  asn& rex are correct  p3d v3.

REX TEXTURE DIRECT - PROCESS LOG
settings.loadOptions() System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at rextexturedirect_sc.controls.settings.loadOptions()

REX TEXTURE DIRECT - PROCESS LOG
install.installTheme() - System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '\Scenery\Global\Texture\AIR_Jetway2.dds'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
   at rextexturedirect.functions.install.installTheme(String strThemeID)

EX TEXTURE DIRECT - PROCESS LOG
startapplication.startFSX() - System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
   at rextexturedirect.functions.startapplication.startFSX()

So I am at a point where I do not know what to do next , waiting on Rex .Boy the process logs are messed up!! :wink:

Ron

Hi Lamar,

Yes I am also on win10  64. all my paths are correct & the install log indicates that the textures are indeed being installed into P3d v3, in my process log there seems to be some errors showing up, it is looking for Fsx which I don't have installed anywhere on my computer, The path for  asn& rex are correct  p3d v3.

Are you positive you have the correct folder location selected I would assume you do - are you using an older version that has many updates to a final rex product - I would re-download the installer from where you purchased it and you would avoid a lot of issues - other than that this is strange

Rich Sennett

Hi Rich,

Yeah I totally uninstalled my original Rex & all the updates & went to the Fss & d/l the newest Rex installer package & I am using the administrator rights in both asn& rex. Still getting the same results=no textures, I noticed that lamar posted on the rex forum some screen shots & installation log. Will see what happens with that.I was having no problems about 2 to 3 weeks ago & then this!!

Thanks

Ron

Hi Rich,

Yeah I totally uninstalled my original Rex & all the updates & went to the Fss & d/l the newest Rex installer package & I am using the administrator rights in both asn& rex. Still getting the same results=no textures, I noticed that lamar posted on the rex forum some screen shots & installation log. Will see what happens with that.I was having no problems about 2 to 3 weeks ago & then this!!

Thanks

Ron

Sorry to hear that - not sure why its doing this - I will have to look around maybe there is a post on this problem 

Rich Sennett

Just to be clear Guys are you trying to inject themes or just going to main selection area and injecting - makes a difference - I have seen an issue with injecting themes - also just checked Lamars post and it does state in log its going to P3D directory which is correct but not if you use a theme - this is what I have encountered also

Rich Sennett

Hi  Sebastian,

Yep that did indeed fix the problem.As you said it was probably a corrupted cloud.fx file now I have my weather back. Thanks to all who helped out. I still have to install soft clouds so fingers crossed.

Ron

Well so much for that, after the new cloud.fx file installed & I got my weather& clouds back I shut down P3dv3 later on , When I restarted p3d later  it reverted back to the old no texture loading again. I am going to d/l the cloud.fx file one more time & see what happens.There might be a corrupted weather file loading into asn from Rex I may have to uninstall/ reinstall one more time..

Ron

okay it looks like there is a corrupted file being injected into asn from rex (I think) I installed Sebastion's new cloud file  started Rex again & voila I have weather, clouds etc..I shut down the sim, restarted went to Cottonwood Az where there is rain & clouds but I was getting wispy cirrus clouds with sunshine. I remember seeing an error in the process log so a reinstall may be forthccoming

There might be a corrupted weather file loading into asn from Rex I may have to uninstall/ reinstall one more time..

Confused  here  by  your statement as  far  as  I know rex4  doesn't  load  anything  into asn  at all

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi Pete,

Oops , I meant P3d{long day & night yesterday)talk about confused :wink:   Anyway I have a couple of things to try before I uninstall/install Rex. I am going to copy the original cloud.fx file into the sim, run P3d without activating Asn using p3d weather. I don't know if this will work but what the hell have to try something. I know Lamar is waiting to hear from Rex on his same problem

Can someone take a picture of what these cloud textures look like? I may have this problem

Vernon Howells

Hi Pete,

Oops , I meant P3d{long day & night yesterday)talk about confused :wink:   Anyway I have a couple of things to try before I uninstall/install Rex. I am going to copy the original cloud.fx file into the sim, run P3d without activating Asn using p3d weather. I don't know if this will work but what the hell have to try something. I know Lamar is waiting to hear from Rex on his same problem

Hi Ron, I did just as you did. Installed the cloud fix and boom, I had clouds and rain at my airport. Shut it down and fired it up again and rain but blue sky? Don't know what is going on.  Still waiting on Rex support. I bet it does have something about the cloud file. Let me know and I am going to update Rex what we did.

Regards

Lamar Wright