Sign in to follow this  
hychewright

Rex 4 Problem

Hey Lamar,

Got it going & also thanks to Rich, Mitch & you for all the help &info.Really great to have the weather back.I have not installed soft clouds yet hmmmm I wonder :wink: dare I   I was wondering what Sasquashtoo's name was.Anyway I'm off to redownload the latest cj2 from Carenado & install Ray's mod squad 1.4mods,kind of got detoured.

Ron

Hey Lamar,

Got it going & also thanks to Rich, Mitch & you for all the help &info.Really great to have the weather back.I have not installed soft clouds yet hmmmm I wonder :wink: dare I   I was wondering what Sasquashtoo's name was.Anyway I'm off to redownload the latest cj2 from Carenado & install Ray's mod squad 1.4mods,kind of got detoured.

Ron

Glad to see you with clouds...glad to see all of us, with clouds...lol!

Cheers,

Mitch/Ses  

Luv when a plan comes together  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Hi gents

Same prob here, no low level clouds on my flight today.

ASN/REX starting to disappoint me (just a bit, don't want to blame the one or the oder).

Should I re-inject REX clouds with 0.65 multiplier or whatever they call it  (default at the moment)?

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Hi gents

Same prob here, no low level clouds on my flight today.

ASN/REX starting to disappoint me (just a bit, don't want to blame the one or the oder).

Should I re-inject REX clouds with 0.65 multiplier or whatever they call it  (default at the moment)?

Cheers,

Download this Beta from this page...update, and then in REX, make sure to have your textures (best look) at 32 bit), the set your clouds to .65 and then re-inject your textures sets...and you will have clouds. Look at my latest W16 Firstair post in the Screenshot Forum..and that is with this ASN 4.1 latest Beta, and what instructions for REX 4 Direct I gave. You will then have beautiful cloudscape...

http://www.hifisimtech.com/forums/showthread.php?5872-ASN-for-P3D-Open-beta-update-March-24-2016&p=29402#post29402

Thanks mate, will comply and see what happens  :smile:

Good night.

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Download this Beta from this page...update, and then in REX, make sure to have your textures (best look) at 32 bit), the set your clouds to .65 and then re-inject your textures sets...and you will have clouds. Look at my latest W16 Firstair post in the Screenshot Forum..and that is with this ASN 4.1 latest Beta, and what instructions for REX 4 Direct I gave. You will then have beautiful cloudscape...

http://www.hifisimtech.com/forums/showthread.php?5872-ASN-for-P3D-Open-beta-update-March-24-2016&p=29402#post29402

FYI Mitch .65 size clouds will hit performance - looks incredible but it will from what I have seen - good for future use 

Rich Sennett

FYI Mitch .65 size clouds will hit performance - looks incredible but it will from what I have seen - good for future use 

Yeah...but the sky, Boss, the sky..is killer to view and fly through.  I am geting about 27-32 FPS within ORBX Global, and in the West regions, with all P3D v3.2 scenery sliders max'ed, Tess, maxed, blah, blah...and with all ORBX eye-candy within the airport, and the regions all enabled, I get usually between 18-32 FPS.  Still smooth, even below 18!!!  I have never seen the likes of it.  What ever the LM engineers did...they sure did something between v2 and v3!  v2 will micro stutter around 15-18....not badly...but it is still to be seen. In v3.x...not there at all.  Rich, I'm really kicking myself for having sat in the bush for so long....but hey, I claim ignorance of actual features and performance.  That's my excuse...lol! Lame...but it is...what it ....is.

Thanks for the tip, Rich..and perhaps I'll start knocking it back 5 with each injection, just to see...for curiosity is the cat killer...

FYI guys still no luck for me last night: no low lv clouds, sunny wx and weird haze everywhere despite ASN depicted conditions. Will try this evening refreshing wx by the ASN debug window as seen in another post (installed last public beta B5926). I'd really like my REX clouds back.

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

FYI guys still no luck for me last night: no low lv clouds, sunny wx and weird haze everywhere despite ASN depicted conditions. Will try this evening refreshing wx by the ASN debug window as seen in another post (installed last public beta B5926). I'd really like my REX clouds back.

Cheers,

You did update with that latest Beta version, FFant?   After you do that...reboot your system, and then re-inject your mid and high level clouds (making sure they are all 32 bit injection) and then either load in your low clouds, or use Soft Clouds, for that.  Trust me...it should work...all the great clouds you see in my posts of yesterday was with doing what I suggested.   Make them from .55 to .65 for the size algorithm.  

Again, it should work for you.  Before I downloaded that latest Beta from HiFi...I had no low-base clouds of any kind.

Ridicolous: no way to have the clouds back. Something screwed-up, most probably because of a texture injection with REX, that's the only thing I did in the last few days. ASN isn't the root cause, even with custom weather by P3D , low level clouds are completely gone. Looks like I'm not the only one anyway, found frustrated simmers with same probs in several forums.

Any advice' s really appreciated.

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Wonder if  any  fsx  users  are  having  this  issue   or  is  only  p3d  users  that are  effected

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Wonder if  any  fsx  users  are  having  this  issue   or  is  only  p3d  users  that are  effected

Looks like It's only P3D (v2, v3) related AFAIK. Guess that playing around with (too many) addons has Its price eventually.

Nevermind. 

Never had to clean re-install the all  business til far (v3 to v3.2), now definitely my chance has come.

Busy weekend!

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Eventually had my clouds back: uninstalled/reinstalled client.msi/content.msi/scenery.msi, deleted shaders cache, re-injected  REX4 SC (default size) and yes, It worked.

Had quite a bit of a hard time figuring out how to solve, at the end I decided for an aggressive approach.

Absolutely no idea of what screwed up.

Thanks Mitch and Patrick for the help anyway, although didn't work for me.

Cheers,

Massimo Burti