Sign in to follow this  
hychewright

Rex 4 Problem

Hi Lamar,

Had the same thing happen to me , thought I had it fixed(silly me)    Just got back from some shopping, I am going to try a couple of different things with p3d & I'll get back to you.I am in Prescott  Arizona & there is rain & clouds today so this should be interesting, to say the least.

Ron

Hi Lamar,

Had the same thing happen to me , thought I had it fixed(silly me)    Just got back from some shopping, I am going to try a couple of different things with p3d & I'll get back to you.I am in Prescott  Arizona & there is rain & clouds today so this should be interesting, to say the least.

Ron

Thanks Ron, it's raining here in Alabama as well.

Regards

Lamar Wright

11ik5qh.jpg

2gtcilx.jpg

Hi Rich, I checked all above and it is all correct. I see where other pilots are having same problem. I posted it at Rex support and they are trying to find out where the problem is. I have tried several things for Rex but nothing has worked so far. I did try the cloud fix as Ron did also and it worked one time after install and boy was I happy but on the very next start up "no clouds". I'll keep on working til we fix it. Thanks Rich for your help, we'll get it fixed Buddy!

Regards

Lamar Wright

Hi Rich, I checked all above and it is all correct. I see where other pilots are having same problem. I posted it at Rex support and they are trying to find out where the problem is. I have tried several things for Rex but nothing has worked so far. I did try the cloud fix as Ron did also and it worked one time after install and boy was I happy but on the very next start up "no clouds". I'll keep on working til we fix it. Thanks Rich for your help, we'll get it fixed Buddy!

Great Lamar - I good hands thats for sure - good luck

Rich Sennett

Great Lamar - I good hands thats for sure - good luck

Thanks Rich, Rex wont's me to delete and reinstall. They think it is a bad file. Let you know.

Regards

Lamar Wright

Thanks Rich, Rex wont's me to delete and reinstall. They think it is a bad file. Let you know.

Hope it works out for you Lamar - have a super day

Rich Sennett

Working here Buddy - wonder if you are using that multi - patching system -  I think Reed mentioned you can re-download most of it where you bought it to avoid all of those updates which can cause problems if it didn't go well - ask me how I know lol

I had the same experience, Rich.  After installing the full SP6, and then the two Hot Fixes, I have injection, but ASN is not communicated with 3.2 properly (I think...), or it is trying to, but v3.2 has the glitch. All I know, is that I am NOT getting true real weather representation with ASN 4.1 and P3D v3.2   I fired up ASN SP1 and v2.4 for comparison, and I had low and high level clouds....but not in P3D v3.2 at the same location.  I know from just that, that something is amiss....

I had the same experience, Rich.  After installing the full SP6, and then the two Hot Fixes, I have injection, but ASN is not communicated with 3.2 properly (I think...), or it is trying to, but v3.2 has the glitch. All I know, is that I am NOT getting true real weather representation with ASN 4.1 and P3D v3.2   I fired up ASN SP1 and v2.4 for comparison, and I had low and high level clouds....but not in P3D v3.2 at the same location.  I know from just that, that something is amiss....

Sounds like an ASN issue - not REX - I haven't had a chance to play with ASN lately - will have to try ASN asap and see if in fact its not working - I would post at hifisim for support on that

Rich Sennett

Sounds like an ASN issue - not REX - I haven't had a chance to play with ASN lately - will have to try ASN asap and see if in fact its not working - I would post at hifisim for support on that

Rich..yes, I don't actually think it is REX at all.

Before setting up at Key West, Florida a few moments ago...I did a weather check.  

Scattered, with 20 miles vis

26 C or 78F

My plane reports that, but only three very high level clouds...in the whole sky, between ASN 4.1 and v3.2   I think something is very wrong, either with ASN 4.1, or actually, there is now a bug to depict cloud rendering in v3.2.  ASN is connected with v3.2, because I have the proper temperature, and wind.  Just no clouds of any kind. Same for any other part of the globe.  I get a few high level but I haven't seen one soft-cloud low level, or even when injected by REX4, its own low level clouds.  In v2.4...no problem...a sky full of clouds.  REX4 has my proper v3.2 folder location, and always reports success with any texture load...whether it be clouds sets, or airport, rain, lighting, etc. I have all that depicted. Rex3 Direct IS placing all my taxi marks, runway wear marks, etc...so there is no reason that it would not be sending my high/mid and low level cloud selection also to the sim.  It is there...but the sim does not display anything under control of ASN 4.1

Something, somewhere...is broken.  No cloud rendering on screen...  If anybody has ASN4.1 and v3.2.3 showing a full cloud of sky...NOT MANUAL CLOUD SET UP...please post a copy....and let us see, for comparison.  I'd like to see ASN 4.1/P3D v3.2 produce a sky together of low level soft or normal REX clouds sets, as well as mid/high...even over cast, of which I have never seen, even when raining. I always have sun and shadows playing upon the aircraft and ground. Something is screwed up......

Mitch

Rich..yes, I don't actually think it is REX at all..

Mitch

Mitch just head over to hifisim and open a ticket - has been issues for developers on this latest version of P3D 

Rich Sennett

Mitch just head over to hifisim and open a ticket - has been issues for developers on this latest version of P3D 

OK, I'll do just that...and here is a pick of Marathon Key, Florida as I head East..

This is the only type of cloud I get, no matter where...and like only three of them in the whole sky. Bummer...everything else is just prrrrrrrrrrrrfect!

2016_4_12_11_5_57_253.png

Was over at Hifi...and see that this has already been reported.  I'll have to wait like everybody else for a solution.  Until then, I'll manually create weather themes.

OK, I'll do just that...and here is a pick of Marathon Key, Florida as I head East..

This is the only type of cloud I get, no matter where...and like only three of them in the whole sky. Bummer...everything else is just prrrrrrrrrrrrfect!

Looks great - hopefully they will work it out for you - pretty sure they will Buddy  :wink:

Rich Sennett

...  If anybody has ASN4.1 and v3.2.3 showing a full cloud of sky...NOT MANUAL CLOUD SET UP...please post a copy....and let us see, for comparison.  I'd like to see ASN 4.1/P3D v3.2 produce a sky together of low level soft or normal REX clouds sets, as well as mid/high...even over cast, of which I have never seen, even when raining. I always have sun and shadows playing upon the aircraft and ground. Something is screwed up......

Mitch

The 99.99% of users with P3D 3.2 + REX 4 latest updates + ASN B5926 do not have problems.

2016_4_12_11_5_57_253.png

Was over at Hifi...and see that this has already been reported.  I'll have to wait like everybody else for a solution.  Until then, I'll manually create weather themes.

Mitch, same problem I have.

The 99.99% of users with P3D 3.2 + REX 4 latest updates + ASN B5926 do not have problems.

My latest ASN update for P3DV3.2 is B5921. Need to check it out.

Regards

Lamar Wright