Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Twin Behaviour

Guest hassata

Hi:I'm new to twins with the wonderful DF Baron. I noticed a slight tendency to roll left. Is this normal, or do I have something wrong with the setup?Thanks

Guest CWD

Could this be torque? I don't think the Baron's props counter-rotate.

I think it is torque. I've got those effects turned down on my FS (not off, just down) and my DF Baron does the same thing, a very, very slight left drift and roll...slight enough that even one tiny notch of trim is too much. I need my trim wheel to move in .05 degree increments instead of .1, and I could trim it perfectly hands-off. :)Now my FSD C337 Skymaster doesn't do that, but I think the props on that one counter-rotate (since it's a push-pull arrangement) so it all balances out.Lewis "Moose" GregoryRichmond, Virginia

Guest hassata

Thanks guys. Lovely fm-really feels like flying instead of rails.

Guest Jimbofly

I don't believe it's torque, as the torque on each engine would counter itself.I actually believe that the slipstream moves at an angle above the tailfin from left to right, pivoting the nose ever so slightly to the left. This would have the secondary effect of rolling the aircraft.Either way, you also get that in RL with twins. And I agree, the DF Baron is excellent :)James

Guest Caveman

Still torn between this plane and the Aeroworx B200 King Air... I'm leaning towards the B200 because I want something "bigger" and a little less "Private GA".... More like a small corporate type plane to fill out the fleet...Still... Can folks that own both planes make specific comparison comments on:1) Flight models2) FPS performance

Guest aarskringspier

>Still torn between this plane and the Aeroworx B200 King>Air... I'm leaning towards the B200 because I want something>"bigger" and a little less "Private GA".... More like a small>corporate type plane to fill out the fleet...>>Still... Can folks that own both planes make specific>comparison comments on:>>1) Flight models>>2) FPS performanceI own both the B200 and the Baron. If I could only get one I would get the Baron as its just a blast to fly. I fly the B200 every so often but if I did it again I would not purchase it as its about the same as flying my PMDG B1900C which is only 15 bucks. THey both fly well and have great models. You really cant go wrong with either.

Hi,I haven't flown that plane either in real life or in the virtual world, but would expect a bit of rolling tendency from it anyway. In fact, I would expect that pretty much on any prop I'd fly, be it single or dual. I remember on my PP training days, I used to fly this C172, that had a noticeable rolling tendecy when you'd gathered some airspeed on level flight. I was told the wing must have not been rigged up right at some point; I flew it like that any time I used that plane. I would imagine the Baron would have aileron or rudder trim you can use; but don't forget to re-trim when near landing :). Hope this is of some help,regards,Macs.

I find the tendency is still too much and I've got those effects right at the bottom. Maybe it is because it is a sim and not real. Not sure. Rudder from a keyboard might also be the problem. Need pedals maybe.JimCYWG

If the engines and props turn the same way, they won't cancel each other out.

Guest Caveman

>>Still torn between this plane and the Aeroworx B200 King>>Air... I'm leaning towards the B200 because I want>something>>"bigger" and a little less "Private GA".... More like a>small>>corporate type plane to fill out the fleet...>>>>Still... Can folks that own both planes make specific>>comparison comments on:>>>>1) Flight models>>>>2) FPS performance>>>I own both the B200 and the Baron. If I could only get one I>would get the Baron as its just a blast to fly. I fly the>B200 every so often but if I did it again I would not purchase>it as its about the same as flying my PMDG B1900C which is>only 15 bucks. THey both fly well and have great models. You>really cant go wrong with either.So, what makes the Baron so much fun to fly? Is it the "way it handles"... Or is it that it doesn't require as many procedures?The B200 seems like a good fit between the ATR and the Baron...

Guest hassata

I hardly ever touched twins in FS9. My all time favorite was the RealAir 260. However since downloading the Baron, I can tell you that given that choice of only 1 aircraft in FS9, I'd go with the Baron. There are just so many little touches that strengthen the illusion of actually being in a real plane. a not so little touch is the great FM.

>If the engines and props turn the same way, they won't cancel>each other out.> Correct. Only by fitting counter rotating engines will engine/propeller effects be cancelled out.http://www.avweb.com/news/airman/184438-1.htmlregards,pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.