Sign in to follow this  
jfriz

Windows10--PMDG classic's getting an error,FSX

Hi folks,

I have been flying  W10, and P3D..

Kind of miss the MD11, and the B747. So I reinstalled FSX, with Aceleration, when opening FSX, I get an options dll error refering to PMDG.

I did submit a ticket, but PMDG does not support the classic's any more. Thought someone might have a simple fix.

This is the first time I have had a problem with W10...Otherwise, I really like the OS..

Thanks,

Jerry Friz

Make sure you install the MD-11 after the 747. The later version of options dll seems to be more compatible. I don't run Win10 but I had an issue running them under FSX-SE in Win 7 when I installed the 747, which was resolved by installing the MD-11.

If that doesn't work then unfortunately it's an object lesson of how Win 10 will mean legacy software will stop running. If not now then with future updates. I'm sticking with Win7.

ki9cAAb.jpg

If the above excellent suggestion does not cure your problem, perhaps you want to give a try to this solution given by Marcel on a FSUIPC thread a year ago for a similar issue with DLLs and which I copy here below (it worked for me and for at least two other simmers with different DLLs FSX error):

1) start regedit

2) go to key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers
3) delete the key "C:\\Games\\FSX\\fsx.exe"="$~ RUNASADMIN IgnoreFreeLibrary<PMDGOptions.dll>"
4) if you would like to run FSX as an administrator you need to activate that again as you removed that in step 3

This is not related to Windows 10 since that error refers to a failed install according to Microsoft and existed with previous versions of Windows as well.

Good luck!

Hello Kevin, and Jean-Claude,

I tried Kevin's, method, it did not work....however, Jean-Claude's appears to work..... Will have to make a flight to check it out...The error is gone, and the plane loads normal.

Will post back here the results, might be a couple of days.

Thanks,

Jerry Friz

Hello guys, I run W10 and just installed PMDG NGX,(purchased) unfortunately the a/c doesnt function properly.

Throttles,FMC,ECAM,EICAS,PFD,MFD,pedals,flaps,spoilers,doesn't function at all.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Under Win10 FSX:SE PMDG NGX can't activate them. (new buy from PMDG Shop) I have wrote to support, because these solutions are the same what i try.

PMDG wrote me the ticket update to a hihger servicelevel. This was for two week, since this mail i never hear from PMDG.

FSX, P3Dv1,2,3.. FSX:SE, and for all a nother installer, a new OS from MS und all the software was unable to use.

Whats for crime... the next step for me as customer is: buy no product from a factory theres unable to support us.

Thanks PMDG for your support, a mail is on the way to you!

br gernot

a mail is on the way to you!

PMDG does not use email.  Please followup with their support via the ticket you have open.  You will have to post your full name (required on posts here) and your ticket number if you want help from the PMDG moderator.

Rest assured the problem is your end. The NGX works very well in the Win10 OS with FSX/FSXSE and P3D all installed. You best bet is to work with Product Support.

Dan Downs KCRP

"PMDG does not use email.  Please followup with their support via the ticket you have open."

I have open a ticket, i have write this info in my thread.

i think a nother problem appears: https://precisionmanuals.com have no certifikat on my browser, i can't reach the pmdg servers at my home....

in my office, another district of vienna, ist the same problem, no certificat, i can reachable the servers, because can't activate the ngx...

Is this my own problem or a country problem... traceroute is stop after 12 hops... (configuration hops 30)