Sign in to follow this  
trainut123

mesh vanished why

I downloaded all the free mesh via torrent,  installed all ok no problems ,they all showed up in my fxs library, so I tried a couple of different flights . they were magic my frame rates were great , thought this is it cant get any better unless I buy my own plane.  went to try next day all gone from my library accept the last one I used which is n/ America,  I installed them all the same I still have all downloads as I am at present seeding them any ideas on this chaps   I just have to add just inserted freemesh- Europe again in library shows fine , works fine but will it remain tomorrow I think not

There is no reason why the FreeMeshX files would disappear. They certainly can't delete themselves unless some other programs decides to delete them. Make sure your torrent client is not deleting them.

I think the files are intact. It sounds like the entries are disappeared from his scenery library.

Seems this happens if FSX doesn't shut down cleanly it won't get saved.

You can always open the scenery library and manually add them back in.

In FSX this happend to me a lot (recently added scenery would dissapear from the .cfg file) I used to install the scenery , fire up the sim and let it configure then start the default flight then exit the sim so that it saves the file and will be there on the next run. You can always try running FSX as admin too sometimes this helps some people.

thanks chaps got it sorted there is a box at the bottom  delete cashe on exit I had ticked that it deletes the mesh . it is the only thing I can think of   went to see today alls ok