Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Hold Short at runways... and then what? :)

No issues with Pro-ATC and PFPX plans here either.

As for VFR flights: VoxATC does that, but I believe it is not working in P3D 3.x yet (didn't try myself though). The best option for GA flights is probably Vatsim. The controllers fully support VFR.

Peter

I fly online if possible. As real a it gets. If no ATC is online, I use default ATC for GA, which is not that bad. It would help, if somebody just replaces the robotic voices in P3D by real ones.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

PF3 works with FS9, FSX P3D and Xplane. It covers all variations of IFR and VFR flights. The voices are not remotely robotic. It is continuously and fully supported by the developer. The developer has allowed two unsupported mods (unsupported by Oncourse Software) one to randomise application of SIDs STARs and vectored approaches/departures and another that allows PF3 to work within Xplane.

As for VFR flights: VoxATC does that, but I believe it is not working in P3D 3.x yet (didn't try myself though). The best option for GA flights is probably Vatsim. The controllers fully support VFR.

Peter

If you can do without your FO and tuning your own radios, I've had more than several successful and fun flights with VoxATC and P3D V3.

… Just saying,

Cheers

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I fly online if possible. As real a it gets.

I fully endorse this especially as I hardly fly any GA and VFR but virtually only airliners under IFR.

Before I plan the flight I have a look into http://webeye.ivao.aero/# for IVAO or vroute.info for VATSIM to see which ATCs are actually online so that I have full coverage.

I simply can not stand that horrible  "computer voices" of FSX or P3D which have the same accent no matter in which country one is flying in. Real human beings as ATC sitting on the other side are much more fun and much more realistic.

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

I fully endorse this especially as I hardly fly any GA and VFR but virtually only airliners under IFR.

Before I plan the flight I have a look into http://webeye.ivao.aero/# for IVAO or vroute.info for VATSIM to see which ATCs are actually online so that I have full coverage.

I simply can not stand that horrible  "computer voices" of FSX or P3D which have the same accent no matter in which country one is flying in. Real human beings as ATC sitting on the other side are much more fun and much more realistic.

My experience flying Online is that the vast majority of the time there are very few if any controllers anywhere near where or when I am flying. I fly for a VA and pick different airports on every flight. I can't schedule my flights hoping to find a controller or two  within a thousand miles that won't sign off before my flight is finished. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

ProATC handles PFPX planes just fine...? What problems do you have with it? I have to add I stopped using the PFPX planner and simply use the ProATC one but that wasn't because of problems but because the ProATC planner is extremely fast. A plan is setup in seconds (and includes everything you need, like expected SID and STAR). By the time I am done setting up a plan in ProATC PFPX is still initializing. ;)

I always start ProATC, select departure and destination and then save the flight without looking at anything: simple as that. ATC will tell me all I need to know at the appropriate time and I really, really like that.

Really? The last time I tried using Pro Atc with PFPX, the ATC would just disappear mid flight. Also Pro ATC would for some reason change the SIDS and STARS selected in PFPX.

The disappearance wouldn't happen if I used Pro Atc to plan only the PFPX generated plan so I thought it was something to do with that.

The reason why I still prefer PFPX is cause of the well documented plans with fuel, payload and weather information, not to mention take-off performance data.

Really? The last time I tried using Pro Atc with PFPX, the ATC would just disappear mid flight. Also Pro ATC would for some reason change the SIDS and STARS selected in PFPX.

The disappearance wouldn't happen if I used Pro Atc to plan only the PFPX generated plan so I thought it was something to do with that.

The reason why I still prefer PFPX is cause of the well documented plans with fuel, payload and weather information, not to mention take-off performance data.

You are supposed to let Pro ATC assign Sids and Stars according to weather. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

You are supposed to let Pro ATC assign Sids and Stars according to weather.

If I do that it changes the entire route.

It shouldn't do that. If you copy and paste the route minus any sid or star, then Pro ATC will attach the appropriate sid and star, if they are available at your route end points. 

Never seen this issue and use PFPX for the flightplan 100% of the time.

SID/STAR's are dynamically assigned by ProATC just as realworld ATC can change your departure/approach. It will not change your flightplan only the departure/arrival procedures.

If you are having issues with ProATC then raise them on the official support forum.

You are probably using the recalculate option...? That was my mistake too at first. The last time I used PFPX I simply copied the flight plan (starting with the SID exit point and the STAR starting point, leaving the rest out) into ProATCX and then saved the flight. Do not recalculate. When you do it like this ProATC will be using the right SID and STAR. Unless of course the weather has changed in which case it is obviously great that it changes the SID and STAR. Just like in real life a change of SID and STAR (and runways) should always be taken into account.

When you recalculate the route ProATC only looks at the departure and destination airports and may change everything.

I btw also used to use PFPX for the nice looking plan, load, fuel calc etc. but I only fly the Airbus (whenever I fly airliners) and so I switched to using the included Airbus tool for that now: it's good enough for me and easy to load into the plane. PFPX only takes precious time.

Might give PRO ATC another go sometime soon.

I find using PFPX much easier then having to use the tools and whatnot. The tool sometimes refuses to load the info into the plane. It's also a standardized approach I can use for all planes.