Sign in to follow this  
Britfrog

Nassau Bahamas photoscenery

I have to agree with you, this is quite excellent. Where did you get it from, if I may ask

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Boy...love to see someone develop that into a full scenery! 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Another Earth Tile buff. If I only figured how to do the water masks......

Hans

hi Guys , Jim it is too large to send to you Andros and the banks to Bimini is 1.4gb's and Nassau (new providence) in high density is 12gb or 1.55 in lower density. I am currently working my way around North Eluethera and the exxumas, however some of the imagery is differing in colour from plate to plate so not as perfect as the florida that i scanned from the keys to west palm beach.

However if anyone wants a copy simply send me a usb memory stick in the post and i will copy it across.

Greg I will stop south of the exumas as it is difficult to get all the colours right at the moment, hopefully there will be imagery available in a few months time that will be better than that is available at the moment

Hans if you want advise on how to do water masks look at Simhaven free forum there are lots of links there on how to do it

there are some more pics of the bahamas banks here: http://s739.photobucket.com/user/britfrog/library/test?sort=9&page=1

and a video here: 

All very amateurish i am afraid  but it gives some idea of what can be accomplished

Nigel Porter

simhaven. group see: https://www.facebook.com/groups/493455508243014

Pretty damn good I'd say! In your second set of screenshots you can even see people on the ground!!! And the coastline in the last screen has the most subtle transitions from ground to water I've ever sen.

Thanks Sasha

many people do not like photoscenery as they say it gets blurry below 3000 feet and much of the commercial stuff does, however  as you can see over the port i am down to 300 feet and it is still very sharp, however below 300 feet it does get blurry but by then if you are landing at an airfield you are concentrating on the runway not the scenery

on this pic you can see the tennis players

2016-1-3_17-55-59-959.jpg

Nigel Porter

simhaven. group see: https://www.facebook.com/groups/493455508243014

While ultra high resolution (I take it your is at 30cm?), does help in the 3D illusion when looking down, during approach and landing is when you will lose the immersion no matter what the resolution.  Same as taking a very sharp 8 1/2 x 11" photo and looking at it across it's plane.   That's where 3D objects come into play to make up for the flatness.  Still, I would probably prefer what you have going over default for that area.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Well, when you are really low you loose immersion anyway, so the best combination is really hires photoscenery coupled with good airport scenery with surroundings like in ORBX products. Photoscenery with autogen coverage is even better ;)