Sign in to follow this  
Mikelab6

FTX Forum error ?

Still haveing trouble with the Orbx forum, unable to log in or even bring up the site, continuing to get an error, I have been able to log into the site at some stages over the weekend but if I want to revert back to another title it just bangs me out and poof gone, I just tried to access the forum this morning and up comes the error, anyone heard anything?

Cheers Rod.

Same here. Everytime I try to go to the ORBX/FTX website, Google will download something I can't open afterwards. Quite strange actually. Over the last couple of days I had problems with the forums, whenever I posted a reply to a thread, I had double or tripple entries or got a server error.

Considering that ORBX is not a start-up company anymore, I wonder what sort of IT guys they have on their payrole

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Can not use Orbx forum either. Seems like when i try it's try to load something to my computer. I don't understant this at all.

- E

They have issues on the server - in this particular case, my guess is something with MIME types is off and so the server is offering the page for download rather than displaying it.  Their site has been on the fritz for quite some time now.  Don't download the file it offers - it's most likely not malicious unless they got hacked, but it's useless to you.

-stefan

Don't download the file it offers - it's most likely not malicious unless they got hacked, but it's useless to you.

I agree Don't Download the php file it offers.  (php code can  run potentially unwanted code in your browser)

To be on the safe side clear your cache.

When I went to Orbx forum a file was downloaded automatically be careful - never seen this before - was working fine 2 hours ago - whats up with that 

Rich Sennett

When I went to Orbx forum a file was downloaded automatically be careful - never seen this before - was working fine 2 hours ago - whats up with that 

Yes, so it does. Can not avoid downloading that mysterious file when one trying to go ORBX -forum. Very strange...

:(

Yes, so it does. Can not avoid downloading that mysterious file when one trying to go ORBX -forum. Very strange...

:sad:

Dumb file but not good - hope they were not hacked - looks like it 

Rich Sennett

:sad:

Dumb file but not good - hope they were not hacked - looks like it 

As I mentioned earlier, based on the previous server issues they were having, I think it's just a server issue with the MIME handling set wrong, as well as their board is wonked up.  I looked at the source of the php file it downloads and it's just a standard IPB header and is completely harmless.

As a rule though, it's better to not save these things when you're not expecting them :)

-stefan

As I mentioned earlier, based on the previous server issues they were having, I think it's just a server issue with the MIME handling set wrong, as well as their board is wonked up.  I looked at the source of the php file it downloads and it's just a standard IPB header and is completely harmless.

As a rule though, it's better to not save these things when you're not expecting them :)

-stefan

Thanks for heads up  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Thanks for the info.  There isn't a hack, they are having issues with their server.  The .php script is from Laravel:

https://laravel.com/

\Robert Hamlich/