Sign in to follow this  
Mikelab6

FTX Forum error ?

I agree Don't Download the php file it offers.  (php code can  run potentially unwanted code in your browser)

To be on the safe side clear your cache.

php is server side, and you need php installed to run a php script it will not "run any malicious code on your browser".... :rolleyes:

I agree Don't Download the php file it offers.  (php code can  run potentially unwanted code in your browser)

To be on the safe side clear your cache.

No, it can't...

PHP is a *server side* scripting language...

They are down for maintenance, migrating their website to another location.

Dave

PHP is a *server side* scripting language...

I know. We develop web and client server apps. Seen plenty of exploits/injection attempts.

I know. We develop web and client server apps. Seen plenty of exploits/injection attempts.

Yep, correct, to exploit/attack the server. nothing will happen on your client PC...

ORBX -forum works again. :)

- E

EDIT: Or it did work for a couple of minutes...

They had a huge update (ICLookup) for all customers some days ago, so maybe this might be a reason for it to get a better solution near future....

Yep, correct, to exploit/attack the server. nothing will happen on your client PC...

Provided you don't have php installed on your system, which some people will - linux and mac will generally by default, and windows will if someone installs it.  I agree with you for the most part but there's always exceptions :)

It would be a rather uncommon and strange attack vector, though.

-stefan

Ben McClintock (FTX Central 2 coder) stated they're in the process of moving to a new server. Obviously the forum left the old one but did not (yet?) arrive at the new one.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

("We're still using Jay's hosting infrastructure and the operations centre is migrating a bunch of their servers. Expect more outages through this week.

We will be moving to our own hosting providers soon as well as announcing other initiatives later this month.

Apologies for the interruption to our service." (- John Venema in ORBX -forum 7.6.2016))

E

Provided you don't have php installed on your system, which some people will - linux and mac will generally by default, and windows will if someone installs it.  I agree with you for the most part but there's always exceptions :)

It would be a rather uncommon and strange attack vector, though.

-stefan

Yep, exactly some might, but not the vast majority who do no help by spreading unfounded panic... :P

Ben McClintock (FTX Central 2 coder) stated they're in the process of moving to a new server. Obviously the forum left the old one but did not (yet?) arrive at the new one.

Kind regards, Michael

Why don't they post a notice on the main page or a static HTML page at the forum URL, explaining this?

• Upvote 1

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Why don't they post a notice on the main page or a static HTML page at the forum URL, explaining this

Don't know, but they should have done that.

Right now, if you try to access http://www.orbxsystems.com/ you get a "Host Gator" page.

Finally there was a Message by JV about them moving servers yesterday and he said there may be outages all over this week(!). Pretty much the worst point in time they could have chosen after implementing the unified lclookup with a host of support questions, which could be expected.

Kind regards, Michael 

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

back up  again  don't  know  for  how  long  this  time

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg