Sign in to follow this  
Stofvel

Seat Belt from Hell ;)

Hello ALL,

I purchased the CJ2 yesterday (vs 1.1) once the mod squad posted the incredible GTN modification. Great job!

Today when I set up my EZ-DOK views I noticed the following graphic anomaly, in the passenger compartment- viewable only from the back of the plane. I linked two pictures having slightly different angles to get a better idea what I am seeing.

It is not related to the modification - I put back the original - it does the same with both.

Graphic 1

Graphic 2

Any one else getting this - I am using FSX (SP2) with Win 7? Suggestions?

Thanks

Brian

Much more wrong than a seat belt from hell, how is your FLC mode working out ?

Hi Glynn,

If you're referring to the mod, NAV and FLC are not running quite right - you have to use APPR which acts as the NAV button (I am using FSX, P3D may be fine). I think, from reading recent posts, that there might have been a mix-up in the files that were posted for download. I'm sure it is something that will get remedied soon.

I read in another recent post that Ray was aware of the FLC issue, post the vs 1,1 update, but a solution, I think,  had been instituted - again these may have gotten mixed up with the files that were actually posted.

The lads did a great job - and I suspect a lot is going on with other events this weekend - so getting the right files posted may take a day or two.

If not, I know where I can get a long digital seat-belt to hang my digital self from ;)

Hang tough.

Brian

Hi Brain

FLC and NAV was a misstake in file transfer. The right one will asap

Thanks Janek for the update - mistakes happen with everyone - we are not quite the automatons we would like to believe - thankfully- true, not as much despair, but not as much fun either   :smile:

A Solution to the Seatbelt from Hell

I forwarded a ticket with Carenado yesterday re this issue and they replied today that it had been fixed via an update, that has been made available, post the initial 1.1 update release.

So for those focusing on the cockpit of the CJ2 recently (at least in the FSX (SP2) version) and have not ventured into the passenger compartment - know a solution has now been posted by the folks at Carenado, should the seatbelt from hell, appear.

Brian

Brian,

I have the v1.1 and it has the seatbelt problem (FSX Acceleration and P3Dv3.1)..

"know a solution has now been posted by the folks at Carenado, should the seatbelt from hell, appear."

Where did you see the post and is the fix another full product uninstall / download new product ver 1.xx? then reinstall?

Or is it an Update patch?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi Vaughan,

Here is the verbatim response from Carenado re the ticket I submitted to them (it was not a post).

Greetings,

The problem is fixed, please download the aircraft again.

Regards,

Carenado

I suspect this is an incremental update (no visible identifiers), apparently already posted. I just went to their website to see if there were any identifying indicators for the updated file - but their website appears to be undergoing heavy traffic issues - right now.

I have requested a clarification on the "un-install first" standard procedure. AND...I think I will wait until the updated GTN modification installer is ready; then have a go at both, then.

If you want I can post their response, once I've received same.

Brian

Brian,

I download3ed after reading your prior post .. the install exe file still said v1.1 so I did not uninstall everyting and install it.

I would rather be sure .. before doing all that.

It would help if they made the install exe v1.2 or 1.1 a >>>> so we knew.

I ask them earlier if our Carenado product download count would be reset .. like back to 10  .. no reply on that yet.

Best Regards,

Hi Vaughan,

I have heard back from Carenado and the standard un-install is required prior to the updated version.

This brings me to your question...excuse the paraphrase - How the hell do I know whether my vs of 1.1 is the updated version of 1.1? -  :smile:

The only way you can know in absence if an incremental update number (ie vs 1.1.1 or 1.2 etc) is to actually check the modification date on the newly downloaded file and compare same with the original. (right click on the downloaded files in your downloads folder) the modification date will appear as well as the actual size of the original file(s) which should be different.

I just re-downloaded the CJ2 file from the Carenado site and indeed the modification dates have changed as well as the file size. AND...Eureka! Ray has just posted a link to the updated GTN modification files.

As soon as I have completed my regular work stuff...I am on it  :dance:

Hope this helps. If not let me know.

Brian

Brian,

Thanks for the feedback.

I got a reply from Carenado this morning.

They said the download available today will fix the sea tbelt problem ... who knows .. maybe they threw in a little more "tweeks" ..

Anyway, I uninstalled, downloaded from Carenado and reinstalled.

Seat belt is fixed ....

This aircraft is really a nice ride!

CJ2-GoodSeatbelt_zpsxyuegahe.jpg

Best Regards,

Vaughan,

Happy it worked out - same here - the seat belt from hell is gone and I suspect you are right, there may be some additional tweaks added.

Do you use the GTN750? -  if so, have you installed Ray's updated version 1.14 - available today.

Brian

Do you use the GTN750? - if so, have you installed Ray's updated version 1.14 - available today.

Brian,

Yes, I have the F1 GTN750 for FSX and one for P3D. I use it for the Real Air Duke Turbine V2 (FSX and P3D)  built into the VC by Real Air.

I do not use Ray's / community software updates.

I just fly the CJ2 just like it is (default install).

For various views in the VC I use EZdok in FSX and P3D for all my payware aircraft. Works very well for me.

Best Regards,

Vaughan,

I also have the amazing Duke Turbine and Legacy 2 - both with the GTN750 - and all aircraft utilize EZDok views. Hard to imagine a sim flight without these add-ons, any more.

The GTN 650/750 have revolutionized flight, although I can only speak for the simulated variety.

Finally on the download count from Carenado - just ask to have it topped up - never heard of a refusal yet.

All the best.

Brian

Brian,

They did top mine off .. I forgot to mention it in my previous post here.

Have a good flight.

Best Regards,