Sign in to follow this  
basementflyguy

How About A Little Dusk Canyon Flying?

Starting to get the sim dialed in after the re-installation. Only problem at the moment is that the ATC push-to-talk switch for MultiCrew Experience isn't working, but we'll get that figured out. Here's the latest video, a short VFR flight from Salt Lake City #2 over the top of the Wasatch to Heber Valley, at Dusk. I've been in the Wasatch at dusk, and it looks an awful lot like this. Hope you guys like it. (And Safari seems to gag on the 1080p 60FPS, so you might watch in 720 ...)

• Upvote 3

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope

Enjoyed the show! Music fit real pleasantly.

I can translate or understand most everything in your setup, but about half way thru the clip, I finally realized you had the compass ported out to a fixture above the windscreen! very cool and almost a "wish I had one"

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Very nice. I really enjoyed it. Thank you<br /><br />Bob

Great stuff! Would you share your setup and some history please? I am fascinated with DIY cockpits...especially ones like yours of such perceivably high fadelity.

Thanks,

Chas

• Upvote 1

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Great stuff! Would you share your setup and some history please? I am fascinated with DIY cockpits...especially ones like yours of such perceivably high fadelity.

Thanks,

Chas

Happy to, Chas. Actually, I've written quite a bit about it on the blog I created to record the journey. Go to www.ontheglideslope.net and click the "About OTG" link. There's a page about the construction, another about the history, and a third about what's in the sim.

Short version is: built out of 2x2 and plastic panels, the panel is built out of MDF, the glare shield out of fake leather and 1 inch foam, the controls are Saitek and an iPad, and the monitors are projection in the front and HDTVs on the side. I've done a ton of other little touches to make it look like an airplane inside, but that's the bare gist of it all.

BasementFlyGuy

I notice you managed to sort the non-working Flight1 GTN750 on the iPad. Can you elaborate.

I notice you managed to sort the non-working Flight1 GTN750 on the iPad. Can you elaborate.

It's actually a 7-inch touchscreen display running on the PC as a fourth monitor. I've undocked the F1 750 window and dragged it to the touchscreen, and it opens up there when I load the default scenario and turn on the avionics. I actually don't think the F1 was the source of the crashes I was experiencing. I think it was either Remote Flight server or perhaps My Traffic 6a. Past couple of flights the F1 has worked great. (And in the video you can see it correctly giving me terrain warnings as I go over the hill on final.)

BasementFlyGuy

Nice setup, thanks for sharing.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Enjoyed the show! Music fit real pleasantly.

I can translate or understand most everything in your setup, but about half way thru the clip, I finally realized you had the compass ported out to a fixture above the windscreen! very cool and almost a "wish I had one"

Hi Jim, and thanks. That compass is a gauge made by Tom Tsui at FSX Times. You can find the link here.

It's running on a Saitek FIP that I've mounted on the top off the cabin. I think it's a great little touch and I'm glad you noticed it.

BasementFlyGuy

Awesome! I want one!!! Looking at the video preview image looks a real flight video!

As for the MCE problem, just send them an email  they are going to help you for sure!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync