Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Just discovering every day, what's more to really admire about P3D v3.2

I guess that I am sort of blogging here as a new user of any v3.x version.

But this morning, I decided to take a Dawn flight out of Bella Coola, British Columbia (ORBX)

As I looked around before start-up...I truly noticed how perfect the scene really is, over such as FSX (even DX10) and P3D v2.x versions.

Kudos to the development team over at L.M.    The level of lighting of the lit windows in this ORBX scene, in relation to the natural morning lighting, is virtually real to myself.  In FSX and prior P3D releases, the lighting out of the windows and buildings, the light poles, etc...all were too saturated, to giving off way too much light to the surrounding night, that what you saw in the real world.

P3D v3.2 has nailed it, even if you don't have the custom HDR turned on.  In this shot, I turned off my more muted HDR settings, to see how it would look,looking back at the airport buildings...and folks...I'm now SO kicking myself, for not installing the v3.x series, when I purchased it, but instead, let it sit upon their server.  

Also, they nailed (over prior versions and FSX, whether in DX9, or DX10) the languid darkness of the real world at night...in comparison to what is illuminated with your aircraft taxi and landing lights, acting upon the ground textures......and their field of illumination.  To myself...it is the best attempt (and I think they succeeded)  so far to emulate how it actually is out there, where I am, in Bella Coola in the mountain valley, etc.  

To the fence sitters, or those that had/have no initial intention of purchasing P3D v3.2.3,  guys and gals, after my usage, I was missing out big time, in true, in-your-face advancements, as well as a very great many, subtle changes, like for instance the intensity of night building lighting that goes so much further to give you what it looks like out your window.... 

Because of how differently our monitors brightness/contrast/color is set up, across each system, you really need to drop the coin...and see for yourselves, how truly different v3.x is over the prior v2.x series, or FSX for that matter.   In usage, I see that I was simply wrong in my held view, that P3D 3.x was merely  v2.(6)

It isn't ...and truly with the changes visually, and within the code...and its file structure....this IS a true version upgrade.  I hope that others that enjoy their FSX and/or their present P3D v2.x versions, consider to drop the coin...and see for yourselves what has 'behind-the-scenes' changed, as well as the new features, and the Triton water/waves that acts upon the seaplane, or boat.  I did a landing above 55 knots in the C206 near Mackinac Island, yesterday, with ASN SP4 running the weather show...and with the waves generated under the Ultra water setting, I almost flipped the plane as the bows of the pontoons caught a trough...and submerged for a second.  Wasn't THAT a thrill!!!!  So real...

THIS version, is a true generational change from FSX RTM.  vP3D v2x was not. 

2016_4_10_4_16_52_981.png

2016_4_10_4_47_46_416.png

The early morning mist and fog over the open water, on April 10,2016 near Bella Coola (ASN SP4) is awesome!
2016_4_10_4_57_4_889.png

2016_4_10_5_2_11_563.png

2016_4_10_5_5_11_188.png

2016_4_10_5_42_21_316.png

Cheers 'n Flight Plans...

Ses

• Upvote 1

Awesome Ses,

Thanks for sharing. I noticed a huge change in picture quality when advancing to an UHD TV. (4K)

IM

Awesome Ses,

Thanks for sharing. I noticed a huge change in picture quality when advancing to an UHD TV. (4K)

IM

That is something that I am also considering...but just before that...I am looking at the new nVidia generation vid card coming out shortly.  Still running under my old work horse...GTX680 2GB'er :)

I am amazed though...I keep creeping up the shadow sliders, as well as from Medium to High...and no appreciable drop in FPS.   With smoothness down to even 15 FPS, this sim rocks...the best M.S. based edition I have ever had the pleasure to use.  L.M. scored a bases-loaded with this beast.... :dance:

Looks like your a huge fan of P3D coming from fsx?

I recently purchased fsx steam edition for a cheap price, had decided to invest in it coming from fs9.

But after much thought I decided it would be a better decision to get into and invest in P3D.

Unfortunately due to a little bump in the road I won't have internet for a month or 2 so I will have to wait till then to get it setup, however my decision is final on this one as I'm starting fresh wether I go fsx or P3D. And it was no loss as I only paid 10$ for fsx.

Hope I'm making the right decision :-)

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I recently purchased fsx steam edition for a cheap price, had decided to invest in it coming from fs9.
But after much thought I decided it would be a better decision to get into and invest in P3D.

If you are starting fresh, then going for P3D is the right choice.

Most people flying FSX the only reason is that they have so much invested in it that moving on to P3D would be a big headache and wallet enemy. If I had to start from scratch, I would go to P3D no doubt.

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Have a samsung 40 inch uhd 4k on 980 card and am happy with it. I also enjoy watching movies and utube on it. Theres still a litttle AA to deal with but it doesn't really bother me.

Ses when do you have to move those sliders to the left? Flyin in clouds or what?

I luv it when you show up on the site you are always up beat and enthusiastic about our hobby.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Looks like your a huge fan of P3D coming from fsx?

Unfortunately due to a little bump in the road I won't have internet for a month or 2 so I will have to wait till then to get it setup, however my decision is final on this one as I'm starting fresh wether I go fsx or P3D. And it was no loss as I only paid 10$ for fsx.

Hope I'm making the right decision :-)

I actually have them all, and use them all,  in no particular order---->FS9, FSX/DX10, XPX, P3D v2.4 and now vP3D v3.2  

I've used P3D v3.2 basically until my doing face-drops to the computer desk top...lol...but it has been the most stable (and install forgiving) and feature packed M.S. edition there is out there.  I have everything now turned on, shadows, dynamic reflections, water at high, all reflections (but clouds...don't like the clouds in the water) receiving and casting, HDR set to 'Mitch'...all of it...and still can sit in the high 20's for frame rates. The one MAJOR plus this version of M.S. flight simulator...and I use that description, because it bring them all in...FSX, P3D v2.4 and P3D 3.2...is that P3D v3.2.3 is the only platform that you can load up every feature that might bring your FPS down to even 15 FPS, but still....still, there is no stutter or jerk. 

Imagine being on final, inside ORBX PNW, with a 3rdP aircraft....with the sim pumping out simply gorgeous virtual world (reflections, water, ground shadows, all of it, as you are coming to the numbers...and even at 15 FPS, if that is what having every feature turned on....will put your system to....at all the full settings....and STILL have smooth as butter, stutter and jerk-free animation to touchdown...day or night.

I mean...this actually means, for the first time, you can turn the dang FPS meter off....have all the eye-candy...and do not CARE what FPS is being generated on your system at any part of the flight or virtual world depiction...for the holy grail has been finally achieved....you are FPS independent of animation jerk or stutter.

What L.M. has done in the coding, and behind the scenes is amazing for the P3D 3.x platform.  You are finally stutter and pause, free....from 15 FPS to infinity.!!!!!!! On my system, with everything turned on...cranked right up....everything except water, only to HIGH, because that is the look I prefer flying over it....I have gone in some instances with ASN and REX4 pumping out some fat sky...to 15-17...(but does go to 32 whenever) FPS, and stutter-free, looks DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!

So...you made the right decision.  If you start investing in ORBX, planes, etc...and use P3D v3.2 (and following v3.x updates), you will have a rock-solid, stutter free platform, that with the ability to totally customize it to your look, by HDR shader control in real time...your flight simming will rock.

Happy flying...you're going to love your P3D v3.2 invest-fest....

Cheers,

Mitch

Have a samsung 40 inch uhd 4k on 980 card and am happy with it. I also enjoy watching movies and utube on it. Theres still a litttle AA to deal with but it doesn't really bother me.

Ses when do you have to move those sliders to the left? Flyin in clouds or what?

I luv it when you show up on the site you are always up beat and enthusiastic about our hobby.

Well thank you, sir...very nice words.   I have been using flight simulation software of one sort or another since 1883, when I got my first Atari 800 system.

About the sliders, please read my post to flyinpilot1212121, for that pretty wells sums up my now 'burned-in' P3D v3.2 settings, and by burned in...I mean, that after getting a sim to exactly the look and FPS performance, I no longer tweak, or adjust. I merely enjoy the ride.  So...my 'take' on P3D v3.2 is now burned in...(smile) and any further pictures I snap, will be with the sim settings as final.

My efforts have achieved through .cfg tweaks and additions, and internal slider settings of every category, and when ASN SP4 and REX4 Direct injection mostly a FPS generation of 27-to my locked 33 FPS. My bottom FPS, the ground floor, of which I have never passed through, is 15 FPS, and even at that, were it to be a constant for even a minute or so,  is stutter and jerk free. Smooth as cream.  So frankly, I no longer care what FPS reading my system is pulling with P3D v3.2 at the helm.  It no longer matters one iota!

Cheers!

Ses

My efforts have achieved through .cfg tweaks and additions, and internal slider settings of every category, and when ASN SP4 and REX4 Direct injection mostly a FPS generation of 27-to my locked 33 FPS. My bottom FPS, the ground floor, of which I have never passed through, is 15 FPS, and even at that, were it to be a constant for even a minute or so,  is stutter and jerk free. Smooth as cream.  So frankly, I no longer care what FPS reading my system is pulling with P3D v3.2 at the helm.  It no longer matters one iota!

Cheers!

Ses

I leave my FPS counter off. P3D 3.2 is smooth as silk, and that is what is most important. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

...since 1882. Did not figure you were that old. :wink:

Nice shots and nice comments.

Cheers

Pierre

Imagine being on final, inside ORBX PNW, with a 3rdP aircraft....with the sim pumping out simply gorgeous virtual world (reflections, water, ground shadows, all of it, as you are coming to the numbers...and even at 15 FPS, if that is what having every feature turned on....will put your system to....at all the full settings....and STILL have smooth as butter, stutter and jerk-free animation to touchdown...day or night.

15 FPS is completely stutter free and everything is smooth? I wouldn't care about FPS if it was smooth but I have never seen 15 FPS be smooth before. If this sim can actually do that then I won't be so worried about the hardware I get. 

Seem to be showing P3D's clouds at their worst.

Something extra wrong with those in shot five.

At 52N latitude it could partly be due to the high latitude cloud vertical stretching bug that P3D carries over from FSX.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I leave my FPS counter off. P3D 3.2 is smooth as silk, and that is what is most important. 

I'm about to, as well, Bob!

no offense but the clouds look terrible :wink:   are those default?

Nope  ASN4.1/REX Direct 4  That is what was generated at the time of the screen grab.  Actually, I was reading that the latest update by the REX4 Direct program, has for some,corrupted the files...and this possibly can be what has happened. I am now downloading the full Rex Direct 4 SP6 version and will re-install from that...and see if my clouds for P3D v3.2 look better...., and no offense taken...you're right...they do look terrible, and something is definitely wrong...I just was not truly noticing the cloud scape as i posted the pics...  I hope a full reinstall of REX D4 SP6 will cure that. I did also install the full ASN SP4.1 as well, but that was also in play for those pics...so it is either one or the other...and I sure hope, not both have contributed to some of those grabs! :excl:

...since 1882. Did not figure you were that old. :wink:

Nice shots and nice comments.

Cheers

Oh yeah...I squeak dust....

Ses

15 FPS is completely stutter free and everything is smooth? I wouldn't care about FPS if it was smooth but I have never seen 15 FPS be smooth before. If this sim can actually do that then I won't be so worried about the hardware I get. 

It will...you no longer have to be a FPS-Junkie.... :)  If your system can generate no less than 15 FPS under a heavy laden P3D v3.2...then you will be good to go...as the lowest denominator.

Seem to be showing P3D's clouds at their worst.

Something extra wrong with those in shot five.

At 52N latitude it could partly be due to the high latitude cloud vertical stretching bug that P3D carries over from FSX.

gb.

Yes, I agree...after actually taking a look at those clouds.  I thank you guys for pointing that out.  I am in the process of downloading the full install of REX4 Direct SP6, and will give that a go...  SP6 came on-line by the program's internal update routine...but I have read that some after having done this...are also having weird clouds, or no injection by REX4 Direct.  

Post Edit: FIXED!  It was the REX4 Direct HD in-program updates that had corrupted the program. I just downloaded the full SP6 install....and now have great clouds.  No little puff-balls squeezed together.  

2016_4_11_7_31_59_181.png

2016_4_11_7_40_43_632.png

2016_4_11_7_43_8_878.png