Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

GSX. Ground Services Prepar3D. Smaller Planes ?

I understand that GSX works best with the bigger stuff like Airbus, PMDG, Q400  and so on. 

What about the smaller GA stuff?   Would there be any point getting this? 

I have searched Youtub but it only shows the bigger planes.

I understand you can Try before buying But I thought I would ask anyway.

Thank you 

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx.html

It  works  with  smaller  planes ,  except   that he catering  Vehicles  are  smaller  and  don't  actually  connect to the aircraft  and just pull up  next  to it  open the  door   simulating   unloading  etc.

The  sizes  are  similar  to the ones  shown in this clip

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Great.  Thank you Peter for posting that.  I'm going to get it maybe later or Tomorrow,  I will post a pic or 2.  

Downloaded the Demo,  I love it,  Loads of activity going on,  Will deffo buy this :smile:  

---------------------------------------------

Some ruff and ready pics in the Default EDDM Airport 

Realair TurbineDuke 

26262981842_6e1c968b79_o.png

26289133741_3e493f5dce_o.png

26262985012_82b8ed5eb7_o.png

26289136591_7c5efcae69_o.png

Realair Legacy 

26355369235_cdc00ee7cc_o.png

26355357015_53cd329d62_o.png

A2a Comanche 

26289138501_0398509435_o.png

25752616193_b59fd4b501_o.png

26355359195_ecb8be4cf6_o.png

Good  screen shots , you know  in you pic#5  you can  get  rid  of  the numbers  showing  the  gsx  parking  if  you don't  want  the numbers  showing  on screen

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Well, those huge pushback trucks for the small planes rather look silly, any chance to select this manually?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Good  screen shots , you know  in you pic#5  you can  get  rid  of  the numbers  showing  the  gsx  parking  if  you don't  want  the numbers  showing  on screen

Good stuff,  Thank you Peter 

Well, those huge pushback trucks for the small planes rather look silly

lol  Well, my Comanche is the biggest no matter where it goes  :smile:   Yes they do look a bit over the top alright 

any chance to select this manually?

The Comanche has its own built in Pushback "Tow" into the software!!  Is this what you mean? 

Well, those huge pushback trucks for the small planes rather look silly, any chance to select this manually?

this  is  the smallest tug  I could get

2016-4-11_23-30-13-4258d782.jpg

Peter kelberg

Well, this tug would be fine. How do I select this one? Is this simply by chance? I mean, for example if I have my plane on a small local airport, it is simply impossible to get a pushback truck as above, how is this solved in GSX?

BTW: no, I am not talking about the pushback bar included in some models...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Well, this tug would be fine. How do I select this one? Is this simply by chance? I mean, for example if I have my plane on a small local airport, it is simply impossible to get a pushback truck as above, how is this solved in GSX?

In the gsx  push back selection I just  selected  the  fsx  default   one,  you get  3  choices

• Upvote 2

Peter kelberg

When I flew that aircraft in real life, I just got out, removed tie downs, and pushed down on the tail it and rolled it to where I wanted. Human power....

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

When I flew that aircraft in real life, I just got out, removed tie downs, and pushed down on the tail it and rolled it to where I wanted. Human power....

LOL Yes, imho GSX isn't meant for GA: it always looks odd and out of place. ;) LM should make some good use of that avatar and enable us to push or pull a plane wherever we want it.

Hi everybody  :smile: !

Do you know if it works on ORBX airports like for example, KSTS, KMRY and so on ?

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Ha ha Bob, that would Involve getting my hands dirty  :smile:

Do you know if it works on ORBX airports like for example, KSTS, KMRY and so on ?

The Demo Version Gives you ALL the functionality of the paid Version Only though with 2 Default Airports + the FSdream Airports 

The paid Version gives you Every Airport including Default Airports 

Its a smashing little Ad On,  all your little trucks and animated people running around you,  very cute indeed  :smile:

That's actually perfect Peter for the GA planes,   I didn't see that one,  must check that out