Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Now, just bring that "Connector" add-on ....

Looking forward to trying this out tonight!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Mine also ended with the CMD window open.  After an (ENTER) just wrote another duplicate line, I closed it.  Seems to be working, but I did wonder if I had done something wrong.

John

John Wingold

Mine also ended with the CMD window open.  After an (ENTER) just wrote another duplicate line, I closed it.  Seems to be working, but I did wonder if I had done something wrong.

John

It's okay guys. The CMD prompt is associated to your OS not opening the browser. Nothing wrong with the install at this point, but I'll look into why the browser opening is not happening.

Enjoy RWC!

Founder of X-Aviation

The CMD prompt is associated to your OS not opening the browser.

Thanks Cameron and, if it helps, my default browser is Chrome.

John

John Wingold

John

Same thing with mine, Win 10 Pro

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

I just closed that cmd prompt window after install, everything normal, nothing to worry about it seems.

Alexander Colka

SMP v3.1 has just given me a great virtual flight experience, with weather injected by the NOAA plugin, and the clouds beautifully "painted" all around me.

Rain was there, the right amounts of wind variation and even turbulence both thanks to NOAA plugin, but the clouds, the light, all of the sky visuals were simply Great! No fps degradation at all !

Bring the connector!!!!

I have found that being the same...no drops in FPS...pretty amazing!  I have SMP max'ed outl, and not one FPS was dropped...!!!!

Mitch

Yes, me too.

For me, and hopping for the Worldwide aloft winds and temperatures coverage announced for 10.50, I am settling with default XP weather + SMP v3.1.1 + RWC

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

smooth display with SMP v3 and the NOAA(*) plugin

Jose,

I reinstalled the NOAA plug-ins after uncontrollable turbulence at one point with the default.  Flew the same route and everything was good.  The "Connector" and 3.1.1 seem to be handling NOAA well and that's probably where I'll stay.

John

John Wingold

Yes the NOAA plugin is a very good ( IMO the best presently ) weather injector, but since my system is an old one, and most of the time I am running Aerowinx PSX and X-Plane 10 at the same time, the less applications and interpreters running the best.

I'm good with the default weather, or with weather injected via XView from Aerowinx PSX, when I want to fly specific scenarios from that sim. I look fwd for the World coverage of aloft data coming with 10.50.

From the visuals pov, SMP and RWC are very plausible and smooth. I still run the NOAA plugin from time to time though. I move the Python Interface and Pyhton Scripts folders IN / OUT of X-Plane's plugins folder - couldn't really find a better uninstall method :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hi ,  looks good  and   how  many layers  is  available  ????

Under the hood, RWC + SMP can represent up to 6 layers per "column", and each "column" covers 20km x 20km. So let's say you have your cloud draw area set to 10000 square km; that works out to - let's see - up to 150 individual cloud layers in the scene.