Sign in to follow this  
Dal 1

P3D CTD after installing PMDG B773 ER

Hi Guys
i had a CTD after installing the PMDG B777 into my P3D V3.2 this afternoon. It happeneing within minutes of starting and still whilst on the ground at EGLL.

Event viewer log below. Any ideas please?

Prepar3D.exe 
56df48ce 
KERNELBASE.dll 
56ad9410 
c000041d 
000b3fc8 
132c 
01d1931e014f073a 
E:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe 
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll 
6ff676e0-4684-4768-9320-825a31e01a02 

I also had 3 other errors at the same time on the event viewer

Application: Prepar3D.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: exception code c0020001, exception address 751F3FC8 Stack: 

and

EventData 

param1 application-specific 
param2 Local 
param3 Activation 
param4 {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} 
param5 {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276} 
param6 NT AUTHORITY 
param7 LOCAL SERVICE 
param8 S-1-5-19 
param9 LocalHost (Using LRPC) 
param10 Unavailable 
param11 Unavailable 

and finally

EventData 

SessionName ReadyBoot 
FileName C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch\ReadyBoot\ReadyBoot.etl 
ErrorCode 3221225864 
LoggingMode 276824064 
FailureReason 0 

any help would be great pls

Daren

System Specs | Intel I7 3770k OC 4500 | 8GB DDR3 | Asus P8Z77 LX2 | Nvidia Geoforce GTX660TI 2047MB | 240gb OCZ SSD | 1TB WD HDD | Windows 10 64bit

| P3D V3.2 l ASN | MY Traffic | PMDG various |

The kernelbase.dll module was called as the faulting module.  A very common error for FSX/P3D/FSX-SE.   I can only state what others have done to fix this error (from the AVSIM CTD Guide):

Kernelbase.dll – No known fix but some have solved this problem by -

• Updating or reinstalling their video card drivers. 
  • Scanning your system for corrupt/missing files
  • Disable startup programs by typing msconfig in the Windows search box.  When open, look at the Startup tab and disable all startups (they are all not needed for operation of your computer).

This is a crash that you have to investigate and that's the hard part.  You did not indicate whether you had loaded the PMDG 777.  If you look at the FSUIPC4.log in your modules folder, it will provide a log of what loaded successfully for the current session (i.e., if you restart P3D, this will overwrite the previous session).  I doubt the cause is the PMDG 777.  You can disable all of your modules in the dll.xml and just leave the first one (loading the dll.xml) and the PMDG entry and you can see if this fixes the problem (if the recommendations above from the CTD Guide did not work).

You can run Process Monitor so that it will only run your session with P3D.  It will show you what is loading at the time of the crash if you quickly write down the time the crash occurred and just look at the entries that occurred about that time.  Setting up the Process Monitor is discussed in the AVSIM CTD Guide (a new one will be published this week which will have images that show how to set it up to monitor just P3D (or FSX)).

If you have any tweaks in your P3D.cfg, immediately suspect those as the fault.  You can comment out those tweaks so they won't load by placing two slashes in front of the parameter (i.e., //BufferPools).  This is discussed in the CTD Guide.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

HI there

Thanks for your help with this.

i followed your guidance i touch wood i don't appear to have any further occurrences of the above. For info my p3d config is unedited - i have no tweaks applied.

Alas it is not all good news. I have had another CTD this morning but with the following error time. Any help is appreciated.

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.2.3.16769, time stamp: 0x56df48ce
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x235fed66
Faulting process id: 0x36b4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d19ed01c7fa902
Faulting application path: E:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: c5ce542d-9fd3-4687-addd-eb2198db5e6d
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Daz

Your Event Viewer provides no information for anyone, including tech professionals at Microsoft other than your sim crashed.

Unknown causes are impossible to fix or determine why an application crashes.  You will have to investigate:

• Move your P3D.cfg to a temporary folder.
  • Move your scenery.cfg to a temporary folder.
  • Move your dll.xml to a temporary folder.

Restart P3D and let the P3D and Scenery.cfg rebuild.

No crashes?

• Move the dll.xml from the temporary folder back to the folder where the P3D.cfg is located.  Restart P3D.

No crashes?

• Move the scenery.cfg in the temporary folder back to the folder where the scenery.cfg is located and overwrite the one in the folder.  Restart P3D.

No crashes?

Problem fixed.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10