Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

The Milviz C310R

Greetings,

After numerous , never-ending frustrations with newer twins from well known competitors, I have returned to the Milviz C310R. The quality, stability and character of this find twin is a breath of fresh air after more than five years since release. That said, I have a few questions:

1.) Can you advise which actual aircraft with registration the Milviz C310R is modeled after?

2.) Is the Milviz KAP 140 AP designed to specifically for the Milviz G30? The reason I ask is I'm trying tpo perform a panel.cfg merge of sorts using the Milviz KAP140 and other avionics with the RXP 530. I notice if one follows the RXP 530 integration instructions, the avionics are stock FSX. If that's the case, no worries, I would simply use all Milviz avionics and GPS rather than RXP w/ FSX stock. The very popular GTN 750 option does not appeal to me for this class of aircraft.

Thanks again for the great, majestic C310R! (same posted Milviz forums).

Les Parson

Please post in one location only.

Your question was answered on our forums.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Hi Les,

Concur - I like the C310R - it's a great ride and it's my plane of choice for a light twin in P3D... I opted for the twin GTN650 setup as I don't own the 750... I wish my old RXP units would work in P3D but unfortunately they don't... I've been doing plenty of flights - both VFR/IFR - and it's a hoot to fly... It was my first experience with MilViz and I'm impressed... I believe the autopilot is simplified a bit - but - it does what I need it to do - including full RNAV approaches with the GTN...

I have both the B55 and C310R and while a Beech guy I prefer the C310R... The B55 when on final using real world approach numbers pitches up - when it should be pitching down - the C310R seems to have the better FDE... If you fly the correct sight picture at the correct airspeed in the B55 you are dropping like a rock... I've tweaked the B55 FDE on my own copy - to make it a bit more plausible - still a work in progress... The B55 is a beautiful model - just needs some tweaks and it might bump the C310R out of first place... MilViz also included a separate FDE for the "E" variant Baron as a bonus - but - the model provided is only the "B" model - as I believe the "E" has scoops on the engine cowlings (possibly other things as well)... I haven't spent much time with the "E"...

I'm looking forward to their King Air and Lear...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

)... I haven't spent much time with the "E"...

Since a resent reinstall of P3D only have the E55 installed so thanks for reminding me re the c310, installed this morning and did a short flight from Victoria to Campbell River (Vancouver island.) Enjoyed it very much, However Just wanted to ask about a very minor issue that I seem to have with the c310 and the E55 is that I have a disappearing pilot,(spot view) is this happening with your setup. It appears to be random so can't at the moment spot if its a key stroke or a button press that is causing it.

bob

HI Bob,

Hmm - I think I've been noticing similiar since my upgrade from P3Dv3.1 to P3Dv3.2... It's not MilViz related - but cycling through views "S" key - I think it's skipping the spot view... I also noticed that it wont't remember my Virtual Cockpit View and I have to select VC each time through the cycle... Only noticed with 3.2 - are you in the same simulator ?

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

HI Bob,

Hmm - I think I've been noticing similiar since my upgrade from P3Dv3.1 to P3Dv3.2... It's not MilViz related - but cycling through views "S" key - I think it's skipping the spot view... I also noticed that it wont't remember my Virtual Cockpit View and I have to select VC each time through the cycle... Only noticed with 3.2 - are you in the same simulator ?

Regards,

Scott

yes P3d v3.23., with the E55 I have two EZdok cockpit views, an Approach view and a pilot view, sometimes in the pilot view the mouse click for the instruments doesn't function. I also noted in a recent post the fuel gauge in the vc has a bug, mine appears to be the opposite in so much it's static in the 2d pop up.

Only minor points, doesn't stop the enjoyment of these great addons from MIlVIZ, I endorse other post and topics and also congratulate them for making these Airplanes available for Prepar3D users.

bob

Ha HA .. just had second flight ,,, awhile since flying the C310R..( fsx dx10 days) the pop up for 'show pilot. anyways went back to the E55 the pilot was in the passenger seat this time.!!

bob

The pilot in the E55 is something to do with the Pilots seat position, some mouse clicks appear to interfere with it! go to spot view and grab the pilots seat with the mouse and move it,

I have always liked the C310r and the B55,but always found that they would only ever run at around 30fps even unlocked on my system,( nothing wrong with that )well since the update and moving over to win 10 they seem to run at 50+ fps unlocked and the textures seem to look even sharper,I do use DSR and no Nvidia inspector,but these two old birds really do look very good to my eyes,and the update was for free so for once well done Milviz

Peter

Did someone get the latest version installer to set up the GTN's properly? The aircraft installs fine into Prepar3D 3.2 but only the legacy versions work. If the GTN model/panel option is chosen I get a working GTN 750 but the AP does not react to any clicks, the GNS and the ADF are blank.

Manual says that the entries for model and panel should be the same. My login at the Milviz forum is no longer working that's why I am asking here first. 

Hans

The update message I received from MilViz clearly advised of issues with the AP and P3D. Saw no mention of an issue with the ADF.  I highly recommend you start a new topic here instead of riding this one further.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks Frank, no mentioning of issues in my notification but agree that another topic might be better to discuss this.

Hans

Great idea. I started this topic on the MV C310R. I don't know is the above in reference to same or not?

Les, it was related to the 310C and to issues with the avionics, but not exactly to what you were discussing. Sorry if it looked as if I wanted to high-jack your thread :-). Milviz replied to me in the meantime, the latest installer was shipped with a wrong gauges cab file. You may also want to get the revised file if you don't have it yet. Otherwise, this is a great aircraft I think. 

Hans

I've had the MV310R and now I want to get the JDM700 working on leanfind