Sign in to follow this  

Aspen in the T-6

Shame on me, I landed on RWY 33. 

Cheers, Rob.

How is the scenery performing on your side?
A new patch is on the way, as many users are complaining about low FPS, especially running FSX, but also P3D. The developer is working on that and is expected to release a patch in the next few days.

How is the scenery performing on your side?

Seems ok, a few long frames here and there but nothing too distracting ... but keep in mind my goal is 30Hz/30FPS and I was running with rather extreme graphics settings.

The Aerosoft airport I seem to have the most long frame issue with is Sacramento ... I've managed to get it somewhat smooth, but there are still odd long frames here and there.  As far as P3D, still trying to determine why some legacy objects/textures (FS9/FSX) cause long frames ... my personal take is something to do with Alpha and/or gaps in objects (causes shadow calcs to take excessive time) ... but this is all just my theory, working on trying to narrow it down as it's only "some" objects, not all.

Cheers, Rob.

Seems ok, a few long frames here and there but nothing too distracting ... but keep in mind my goal is 30Hz/30FPS and I was running with rather extreme graphics settings.

I would like to say the same.

I made a test the other day from KEGE (Orbx) to KASE Aerosoft with FSX-SE, DX10 with Steve's Fixer and a shade with the Carenado F406, which compared to other aircraft from my hangar I consider a model with medium impact (not excessively demanding). Until I approached KASE I never dropped under 30-40 FPS, with peaks of 50 or 60 depending from view, position etc. As soon as I passed DBL, my FPS began to drop until I got about 9 FPS on final with severe stuttering. The situation appear to worsen whenever I move my cam to the airport. Deactivating the static CRJs did not help.

Many users reported the same. Anyway, Mat (the developer) is working on it and promised to release a patch with lower impact soon.

Nice, Rob! But why do take off so late? You could easily do it at 70 to 80 mph, except you are at max. MTOW. Try flying the T6 from/to airfields with short runways and you will appreciate your skill (and spare your expensive aircraft tires...).

Another tip: If you move your eyepoint a bit lower, the view is more realistic and all main instruments are in your view. Gives better videos too.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Felix

Another tip: If you move your eyepoint a bit lower, the view is more realistic and all main instruments are in your view. Gives better videos too.

I didn't have any flaps set, elevation is around 7700 ft.

I'm not sure I can set the eyepoint reference when using TrackIR (it gets rest when TrackIR is active) ... unless someone has a tip on how to change the starting point for TrackIR?  I'm guessing it might be possible?  But I think that point is set by A2A in the model?  but honestly not sure ... hints?

Thanks for watching/input.

Cheers, Rob.

I think you can press F12 to reset it

That re-centers TrackIR to my current head position, but it doesn't change the starting point in VC.  But that would also depend on the pilots height and I'm assuming the seat has some adjustments also ... here is a video of pilot position (but again without knowing pilots height):

From this video it looks like the pilots eye line is just above the dash, but if you look at this video the pilot's eyeline is much higher

In fact, in the 2nd video I wouldn't see the need to do S taxi at all.

Cheers, Rob.

In fact, in the 2nd video I wouldn't see the need to do S taxi at all.

Hi Rob

Thanks for your comments! It looks as if the cam is mounted at the very top of the cabin and gives a different view than the Pilot's. You may have a look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIciS2jMJkM.

Regarding the eyepoint question with TrackIR: Yes, you can use center the viewpoint with a freely assigned key or button (I have it conveniently assigend to a mouse button). Even better if you use EZDOK camera. I couldn't imagine flying without this great combo EZDOK and TrackIR.

• Upvote 1

Felix

alternative to EZDok is OPUS and easier and weather....   IMHO

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

That re-centers TrackIR to my current head position, but it doesn't change the starting point in VC.  But that would also depend on the pilots height and I'm assuming the seat has some adjustments also ... here is a video of pilot position (but again without knowing pilots height):

You can use EZdok to set the starting point in VC, as well as creating several other views which you can simply link to your joystick buttons.

You can also choose within the trackIR software to have a view-reset button. That what, if you for instance raise your head then presses reset, you will return to a lower view site when lowering your head again. I think the default view of TrackIR is unrealistic in the sense that you loose view over instruments. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Seems ok, a few long frames here and there but nothing too distracting

Apparently Mat(developer) is working on the optimization of various features which i hope cures the fps issues and a Orbx blend!!

tpewpb-6.png

When my plane crosses any of the outer marker lines on the runway or taxiway it crashes in this scenery. I'm not talking about going all the way off the runway, just if a tire touches one of the lines. And it's not a small crash either. My A2A planes require extensive service in the hanger after one of these "crashes".

I know, the solution is to stay inside the lines. But it is still strange. Anyone else seeing this?

- Bill Magann

When my plane crosses any of the outer marker lines on the runway or taxiway it crashes in this scenery

What Scenery are you using ? If its Orbtx,  Make sure your Mesh setting is set to 5 AND Make sure you have the latest Updates for the Scenery, In some cases there called "Crash Box" updates on the Orbtx update page.  

There's loads more things it could be but that's just 2 things that caught me out before