Sign in to follow this  
jcjimmy

MegaSceneryEarth and X-Plane

Hi,

For those interested in MegaSceneryEarth it appears that they are "close" to completing the first X-Plane state.

So, more good news for X-Plane users along with some terrific aircraft to be released in the near future.

Yay!!!

• Upvote 2

Jim Morgan

To be honest, one can easily generate very high quality photoscenery for free for the US using Ortho4XP and USGS imagery. I have a feeling this will be a hard sell for some, even with the constant stream of spam from them in my inbox  :wink:

Nice to see more FSX devs coming to X-Plane

Great news!  I will purchase being as I do not have the time to make my own. 

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Hi,

For those interested in MegaSceneryEarth it appears that they are "close" to completing the first X-Plane state.

So, more good news for X-Plane users along with some terrific aircraft to be released in the near future.

Yay!!!

Which state ? Where did you read that at ?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Which state ? Where did you read that at ?

Hi Strider,

Mr. Robert Ferraro, CEO and President of PC Aviator responded to one of my emails with that information. The state was not mentioned.

Jim Morgan

one can easily generate very high quality photoscenery for free for the US using Ortho4XP and USGS imagery.

"Easy" you say :P

I get a headache every time I start reading guides for photoscenery and I have yet to do it successfully.

• Upvote 4

Well that depends. It's like anything, if you put the original effort in to learn how to use it then it's really easy afterwards. Otherwise you can pay somebody else to provide you with photoscenery (Which a lot of people strangely seem to prefer and cite having no time as a factor). The results I'm getting with Ortho4XP almost anywhere I generate far beat anything I had on FSX. Once you've learned how to setup the application, generating a tile is very easy

I think lots of X-Planers aren't afraid of tweaking and generating their own scenery (many even make their own airports). For the rest, it's good to have a ready-made solution

• Upvote 2

I think lots of X-Planers aren't afraid of tweaking and generating their own scenery (many even make their own airports). For the rest, it's good to have a ready-made solution

Obviously, and I like tinkering with it too, as it lets me learn a lot of new things. It's just pretty exclusive for photo/OrthoXP. Guides I found confuse me more rather than help.

• Upvote 1

Yes Tony, Strangely, I do not have the time to sit around on the computer all day like you. :P

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Yes Tony, Strangely, I do not have the time to sit around on the computer all day like you.

Well my job involves sitting around all day on a computer, so an all around win for me  :wink:

Funny thing is, many will actually say they don't have time, but yet can sit and watch an autopilot fly a 737 for 3 hours and not batter an eye-lid. When you're generating photoscenery or OSM scenery you can just leave the computer, walk off, have a beer, etc.. 

• Upvote 2

Well my job involves sitting around all day on a computer, so an all around win for me  :wink:

Funny thing is, many will actually say they don't have time, but yet can sit and watch an autopilot fly a 737 for 3 hours and not batter an eye-lid. When you're generating photoscenery or OSM scenery you can just leave the computer, walk off, have a beer, etc.. 

:lol:

Cheers !

Pascal

Yes, hats off to sitting around the computer all day. :wink: 

To be honest, one can easily generate very high quality photoscenery for free for the US using Ortho4XP and USGS imagery. I have a feeling this will be a hard sell for some, even with the constant stream of spam from them in my inbox  :wink:

Nice to see more FSX devs coming to X-Plane

Yeah, but it's a pain to try and install. Megasceneryearth is worth every penny if one can simply click on Install to make it work.

Well that depends. It's like anything, if you put the original effort in to learn how to use it then it's really easy afterwards. Otherwise you can pay somebody else to provide you with photoscenery (Which a lot of people strangely seem to prefer and cite having no time as a factor). The results I'm getting with Ortho4XP almost anywhere I generate far beat anything I had on FSX. Once you've learned how to setup the application, generating a tile is very easy

Yeah, but like most people have been saying about Ortho4XP and similar programs like G2XPL, they are an utter pain to install. MegasceneryEarth has at least figured it out and done all that pesky footwork for the customer. Plus there is no reliable support with G2XPL and Ortho. And you will certainly need it in order to get it working (in addition to studying the instructions, which have been obviously translated into English.).

• Upvote 2

Agree 100%!  Has anyone heard anymore news on a release?

Yeah, but it's a pain to try and install. Megasceneryearth is worth every penny if one can simply click on Install to make it work.

It really isn't. Only if you make it out to be. At this point, I doubt a lot of people have actually given it a fair shot and just perpetuate that claim repeatedly. I also certainly hope you didn't call G2XPL a pain to install? Because there barely is an install. You put it into the X-Plane plugin folder and start drawing the areas you want in Google Maps / Google Earth. It's kids stuff. Ortho4XP is a little more involved but it's just about getting Python, some plugins and some software installed, nothing else. 

I've built 3 states of beautiful ZL17 ortho, with little to no effort other than time downloading it. 

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB