Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Any harm in setting NI to Override Sim AA Settings

Trying to get better AA and less shimmering.

First, with regard to AA will I see better results by setting AA in NI to Override the sim settings?  I think its better but maybe pacebo effect?

Also still get lots of shimmering even with 16x AF and negative clamp.  anything I can do to fix ?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

In the Antialiasing section of NI, try setting the "Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling" to one of the sparse grid supersampling (SGSS) settings (2x - 8x). This usually sorts shimmering but at the cost of performance - 4x seems to be the best compromise for me.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Have you tried adjusting the LOD Bias in NI?  The setting is "Texture Filtering - LOD Bias(DX)", and for FSX I usually set it at -1.125 (with 4X Multisampling/8x SGSS), but having changed over to FSX-SE this week I'm trying lower levels (playing around with -1.000 and -.875).

I've not created any problems setting AA in NI to Override or Enhance... neither seemed to make a difference one way or the other.

HTH

Greg

I have the negative LOD bias set to -1.5

Too high for my tastes.

Good luck

Greg