Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

What are your favorite UK2000 airports?

They're all roughly the same good quality. I probably fly in and out of Gatwick the most.

Manchester is due for an update, you may want to hold off.

Okay. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Gatwick and Manchester are scheduled for updates this year, Gregg. The next two airports on the Xtreme list are Aberdeen and Exeter, and the current estimated release date for these two is June. As for the VFR Airfields packages, I highly recommend them if you are also interested in small GA airfields. Volumes 1 and 2 have been updated to version 2 recently, and Volume 3 is due to be upgraded this year. I am proud to say that I updated seven of the airfields myself in Volume 1 (complete rebuilds of the AFD files), and also added a version of RNAS Merryfield.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

GA Airfields are definitely worth having. They are of excellent quality and just increase the immersion level. If you do a lot of GA flying then you'll love them.

Rupert

Best regards

Rupert

Each VFR Airfields package has 70-80 fields, so really good value for money.

Rob Jones.

It's also worth pointing out that you can disable any of the airfields/airports in the VFR Airfields packages. This is useful if you have Xtreme versions of the large airports, or other versions of specific airfields (eg. ORBx).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Gatwick and Manchester are scheduled for updates this year, Gregg. The next two airports on the Xtreme list are Aberdeen and Exeter, and the current estimated release date for these two is June. As for the VFR Airfields packages, I highly recommend them if you are also interested in small GA airfields. Volumes 1 and 2 have been updated to version 2 recently, and Volume 3 is due to be upgraded this year. I am proud to say that I updated seven of the airfields myself in Volume 1 (complete rebuilds of the AFD files), and also added a version of RNAS Merryfield.

I think I'll start with Birmingham and Edinburgh then.  I also like Leeds.

It's also worth pointing out that you can disable any of the airfields/airports in the VFR Airfields packages. This is useful if you have Xtreme versions of the large airports, or other versions of specific airfields (eg. ORBx).

Good to know since I do, also, have some Orbx fields (Southampton, Shoreham and others).

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Its worth mentioning that when they do have a sale I beleive its 40% off for 5 or more airports? Not sure how frequent they are though

ZORAN

My vote goes to Luton, followed by Bristol

I love Gatwick, Luton,  Stansted and Edinburgh.  

I love Gatwick, Luton, Stansted and Edinburgh.

I'd love to get more...my wallet is looking at me nervously.  I think he has a sale twice a year?  Of course, he could surprise us all.  As I mentioned, City caught me completely off guard.  The pictures don't do it the least amount of justice and the little things (like the train on the west side...I'm a sucker for trains).

An aside, do you guys use Aerosoft London VFR?  I've avoided it due to VAS in the past but with 3.2 VAS is far improved.

Gregg Seipp

Gary has somehow managed that his UK2000 airports just have the right (UK) atmosphere and lighting. You really think you are part of the scenery. All airports I have seen so far are excellently modelled and are similar to the real world counterpart.

I would also vote for Luton to be on top of the list, as it has a very special (historic) airport layout.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

They all work great with the ORBX region for the UK, but you have to remember to disable certain files in the ORBX scenery and place the UK2000 airports above ORBX. The FTX forum has a compatability section for different airports that tells the files that need to be disabled. All works great in P3D. Do wait for P3D specific installers.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

The pictures don't do it the least amount of justice

Completely agree with you there!