Sign in to follow this  
ark

Couple of Lear35A Issues

I am really enjoying the Lear35A. It flies great, but am having a problem with takeoff runs. A high percentage of the time I am having difficulty keeping it on the runway during takeoff despite being lined up and the nose wheel locked. About halfway down the runway the a/c suddenly veers sharply to one side or the other. I run all my controls through FSUIPC, and don't have this problem with any other a/c.

Unrelated to the above, I've noticed the pitch trim is usually at one extreme or the other when flying with the AP. Is this to be expected?

Thanks for any insights or ideas.

Al

As a follow up to the above steering problem, it seems as if the "locked" steering actually works in reverse, at least at slow speeds. As the a/c starts to slowly move for takeoff with the steering locked, pushing on the right rudder pedal turns the a/c left and vice versa. And if I go to an outside view, I can see the nosewheel turning in the wrong direction. If I then unlock the steering, the a/c turns correctly in accordance with the rudder pedals. Thanks for any ideas on what the problem might be.

Al

I had similar problems with rudder assignment through FSUIPC on other aircraft as well. My solution was to assign the rudder axis through FSX/P3D directly which sorted out all problems and stuff worked again as expected.

Don't know what the reason could be. I used to assign all my axes (including rudder) through FSUIPC and I have the impression that those rudder problems came up in newer FSUIPC versions.

Dave P. Woycek

Thanks -- I'll check to see if I have any assignments that are conflicting with FSUIPC.

Al

Just want to close the loop in case it saves someone a bit of anguish down the road. The cause of the reverse steering problem described above was that somehow the FSX Autorudder control got turned on.

Al