Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Overland Japan scenery help

I have all of the Overland Japan sceneries and tonight while at Kobe (RJBE) the custom runway textures were flickering and the default runway was showing through. I don't think I noticed this before. Is there a way I can fix this?

PS: it's just the runway with the texture problem. The rest of the scenery displays fine.

Forgot to mention that I also have two Akashi bridges showing in the sim. The default one and the one that came with the scenery. How do I get rid of the default bridge?

Just wanted to let you know that I fixed the double bridge. The other bridge came from Kobe city scenery I have installed.

No. That is still flickering with the default textures bleeding through.

Might be an "elevation" problem.  I've had to uninstall some 19m mesh that has caused the same problem at other airports.  You might check on that first.  Staying at 38m mesh "solved" my problems.

I tried with and without mesh, it didn't fix the problem. I tried changing the TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL= to 19 (it was at 21) that didn't fix the problem. And I look at the AFCAD to see if the runway was at the same elevation as the rest of the airport (it was).

Might be an exclusion problem. Older sceneries often changed stuff in the base scenery foldes, overwriting standard bgl files instead of providing exclusion files. Reinstalling fs9 and just adding the scenery from a backup will then overwrite said changed files with the standard ones.

Reinstalling the scenery into a temporary folder and checking the directory structure might help you identifiy files which the scenery modifies.