Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

I need EZDok help... World Camera Stuck in Virtual Cockpit

Hello All,

So I have used EZDok in FSX Steam for some time, but recently tried it in P3D after the complete installers were released. Since I have tried that, my world camera refuses to work. 

First, these are the trouble shooting steps I have tried:

• I have downloaded and installed the latest variables using the latest installers
  • I have tried to delete the cameras.cfg
  • I have run ezdok through FSUIPC
  • I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice
  • I have run as admin

Still the problem persists. When I create a world camera, it is bound to the VC. I can move it within a virtual box of sorts but it will not allow me to go beyond that. If I create the world camera from one of the external views of the aircraft, when I select the World Camera it puts me out in the middle of the ocean. 

Has anyone found a way around this? 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Have you unchecked the cockpit walls function when creating the world camera?

Have you unchecked the cockpit walls function when creating the world camera?

Yes, the L is not selected and the axis within the menu for cockpit limiter are all unchecked. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Se this post

http://www.simforums.com/forums/the-p3d-v312-is-supported-now_topic54624.html?KW=Michael+Moe

Michael Moe

back_to_top.png simperfi drop_down.png 

3_star_rating.png 

thanks.png Thanks(0) 

quote.png Quote  reply.pngReplybullet.png Posted: March-17-2016 at 3:06pm

Yes, even if you have FSX box or Steam already installed - it works with all sim versions 

For Prepar3d v3x You must install the latest version v1.187 available as a download on the flight1 website. 

Also, if you are a user of World Camera view - 
ezdok needs a small update to a variables file for world camera compatibility with P3d v3.2 ( not available yet) 

All other camera functions work in v3.2 using ezdok v1.187 

Regards
Kevin H

f1cert.gif

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Se this post

http://www.simforums.com/forums/the-p3d-v312-is-supported-now_topic54624.html?KW=Michael+Moe

Michael Moe

Yes, even if you have FSX box or Steam already installed - it works with all sim versions 

For Prepar3d v3x You must install the latest version v1.187 available as a download on the flight1 website. 

Also, if you are a user of World Camera view - 

ezdok needs a small update to a variables file for world camera compatibility with P3d v3.2 ( not available yet) 

All other camera functions work in v3.2 using ezdok v1.187 

Regards

Kevin H

f1cert.gif

Hello Michael,

I have 1.18.7 but from what it looks like you are saying, the world camera variables are not out yet correct? I will wait if that is the case. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Theflightsimguy

I'm not a regular AVsim user but by chance saw my post being quoted

the author of ezdok has been quick to update previous versions - but this time there is still no variables update for p3d v3.2 Unfortunately when the author has been quiet in the past it has been years before an update occured - for example compatibility for steam FSX and P3d

I doubt the author expected the constant updates that have been occuring with P3d - each new build version requires a new set of variables for world camera ( Pretty sure Lockheed Martin are comitted to all updates using new build versions so this won't end with v3.2 - if LM release an update v3.3 the issue of a variables update will occur again)

Kevin H

to make it worse there are two split camps in the P3D 3.2 club, those on original and those on 3.2.3 which both need different variables files for world camera. Question is whether there is something in P3D that prevents the EZDOK designer from making it it version independent, or whether the designer actually wants this ?feature? in his software?