Sign in to follow this  
XeroHertZ

Prepar3D and new 1440p monitor

Hello Pilots,

So I'll be getting the new Asus ROG Swift PG279Q monitor this week. I have 2 EVGA GTX 980's SC in SLI, coming from a single 1080p monitor, will I benefit from this 1440p 165hz monitor in P3D??

My current setup is as follows:

CPU: Intel Core i7 5960x Overclocked to 4.5 Ghz

GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 980's Superclocked

RAM: 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR4-2400mhz

Do you advise me on changing my GPU's to something else? I prefer Nvidia btw..

Thanks.

Can some admin move this to the hardware section....sorry for posting this in the P3D section.

Thanks.

Well I have a single EVGA 980Ti and a LG 34'' curved 3440x1440 res screen and it runs P3D smooth as glass. The 165hz refresh rate will do nothing for you in P3D. You wont achieve a frame rate that can meet your monitor. But your hardware there should get you at least 40 in SLI. 

I have the PG279Q with 2x GTX980Ti and P3D runs great (as does everything else). Some games will max out at 165Hz but P3D is too CPU limited to really exploit the graphics hardware. I can run The Division on ultra settings and get 80-90Hz so there is real value there for well optimised titles. Maybe the upcoming Dovetail FS will scale better with modern hardware?

Thanks for the feedback guys @Angelo Cosma @deetee

So I guess i'm safe with my current hardware then !!!