Sign in to follow this  
farid

A que1stion about world2xplane

Hi

i'm trying to make OSM latest for germany,but it has been a round 24 hour that the application Word2xplane 0.7.4  is working ,is that normal?to take such a long time?

here we go the log file ,please notice the time of each event!

01:11:30.711 INFO  - Reading Config File C:\X-Plane 10\application\.\resources\config.xml
01:11:30.831 INFO  - Added Facade Set simheaven_red
01:11:30.841 INFO  - Added Facade Set simheaven_black
01:11:30.847 INFO  - Added Facade Set w2xp
01:11:30.930 INFO  - Reading Regions
01:11:31.189 INFO  - Output Folder: C:\germany-latest\germany-latest
01:11:32.414 INFO  - Creating LODs for Facades
01:11:41.671 INFO  - Using local storage.
01:11:41.701 INFO  - Unable to resume, OSM file is different from source used to generate
01:11:41.716 INFO  - Processing C:\germany-latest.osm\germany-latest.osm.pbf
01:11:41.716 INFO  - First Pass (Gathering Relations and Way Nodes)
06:04:46.511 INFO  - First Pass Complete, stored 206438 relations, 205249936 nodes
06:04:46.518 INFO  - Second Pass (Gathering Ways for Relations)
06:20:19.413 INFO  - Second Pass Complete, stored 205249936 nodes
06:20:19.413 INFO  - Third Pass (Gathering Nodes for Relations)
07:20:25.459 INFO  - Third Pass Complete, stored 210861650 nodes
07:20:25.468 INFO  - Fourth Pass(Gathering Coordinates for Nodes)

right now still working !

specification are:

Core i 7 4790K

16G RAM 

Z97X Gaming-3

thanks

Probably a slow internet connection ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I would have expected it to complete a lot faster than that and unless anyone else has a reason to say different I would advise you to simply restart the process. I have known it to hang before.

Sounds like you probably ran out of memory if it just hangs and doesn't do anything. In the advanced tab there is a running log of memory usage, if you see it maxed out or not doing anything then it's probably died. The initial stages take a long time if you're using local storage, and I don't actually think you'll successfully build all of Germany (There are some bugs in 0.7.4 which make it fail). You are best trying just counties to start with.

This is also one of the reasons I've been rewriting World2XPlane to be able to use a local database, as OSM data is just too big to try and process using memory alone. This generally wasn't a major problem a few years ago, but now it is. A testament to how much editing goes into OSM :-)

Sounds like you probably ran out of memory if it just hangs and doesn't do anything. In the advanced tab there is a running log of memory usage, if you see it maxed out or not doing anything then it's probably died. The initial stages take a long time if you're using local storage, and I don't actually think you'll successfully build all of Germany (There are some bugs in 0.7.4 which make it fail). You are best trying just counties to start with.

This is also one of the reasons I've been rewriting World2XPlane to be able to use a local database, as OSM data is just too big to try and process using memory alone. This generally wasn't a major problem a few years ago, but now it is. A testament to how much editing goes into OSM :-)

is there any newer stable release ?

Thx Tony,

and I thought that during the build process the Internet had to be used to access OSM...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I would have expected it to complete a lot faster than that and unless anyone else has a reason to say different I would advise you to simply restart the process. I have known it to hang before.

i did it 5 time,all same result just seems to me hang and do nothing

i used this link for obtaining OSM there is no option for counties ,there is only 1 option for germany .

http://download.geofabrik.de/europe.html

how can i have a part of country not all ,as u said just counties?

do smaller areas 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

is there any newer stable release ?

No not at the moment

Thx Tony,

and I thought that during the build process the Internet had to be used to access OSM...

Nope, only to grab the initial OSM file

TANX ,is this availabe for all country or just Germany?

I think most of them. Just click on the country and you should see the break ups.

I think most of them. Just click on the country and you should see the break ups.

allright

allright

you could also try extract.bbbike.org "thanks to Tony" or Metro extracts whichever suits you.  But remember W2XP only uses ".pbf" files.