Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

Frequency problem at lflx (..and crash)

LFLX has 2 tower frequencies..Both 125.87.  Clicking  on them  sometimes  crashes the software (same old exception error).Sometimes I'm told to contact tower and when i do  nothing works. In order to make everything work i first have to "activate"  lflx approach and only then contact tower  (125.87.

Not sure its a bug or me  scr* up.

Thanks for the report. 

The root of this, of course, is a data issue.  But, thanks to your report, I made some changes so we should be able to get tower to talk to us, even if it does have a split freq personality.  Fix is in for 200.17.

Thanks again,

Dave

V200.17 should be out by Saturday or Sunday.  Earlier if there are fewer bugs to fix, but not likely.

I'm trying to get one new version out per week with as many fixes as possible.

In the mean time, in those rare instances like you encountered, just select a different type of controller in the Standby, Swap frequencies twice, and you should get the one you're looking for.

Thanks again,

Dave

Ok. thank you.

Btw, I noticed that when  atc lines me up with the runway and tells me to intercept the  ils....once I intercept it and start descending  atc tells me to climb again.So, say atc tells me to  descend to 3000ft, turn   towards the runway and intercept the ILS. I do so .....  i start descending the atc keeps repeating  climb and maintain 3000 no end.

V200.17 should fix that also.  I just uploaded it as a Hot fix so both these issues should be fixed.

Please let me know if they are.

Thanks,

Dave

Commercial Member

431 posts

Posted Today, 10:50 AM

V200.17 should fix that also.  I just uploaded it as a Hot fix so both these issues should be fixed.

Please let me know if they are.

Off to test it. LFLX  still has  two tower frequencies and they  both are 125.87

Edit: When I click on the "show intersections" icon nothing happens. I mean I have to keep clicking about 5 or 6 times before  they show on the map.

Ok tested this 0.17 vs. NO crash when  playing around with frequencies.But. Once  I validate  and file the flightplan the validate and file boxes turn green. After awhile they turn white again  and I get no more vectors. i tried validating and filing the flightplan in-flight but it doesn't help.

I tested some more. I created a flight plan  to do some touch and goes. LFLX rwy 21- user created waypoint  2.3nm track (213)-lflx

I took  off andI kept on flying  rwy heading hoping to have atc tell me to turn back and line me up w/ the rwy  but instead atc was silent (I did validate and file  the fplan) .Then when i contacted  and asked tower again  to   give me vectors for rwy21 atc sent me even further away from the airport.

I then thought that maybe i was too far away and that was why  directions I got from tower made no sense. I turned around and when  I was something like 20nm fromt lflx I  contacted approach and got my vectors.

Btw, ATC still tells me  "Beech One Victor Bravo Climb and Maintain , Three Thousand feet "even if I am descending following the ILS.

If you're just taking off to shoot local patterns or approaches, you don't need a flight plan.  Just take off VFR.  For VFR patterns, tell tower you are "ready for departure to remain in pattern".  For IFR approaches, take off and depart the pattern normally, when you get to a point from which you want vectors to an ILS, call Tower with a request like "Tower, Beech One Victor Bravo is 15 miles Northeast at 5000 feet request vectors to ILS for Runway one seven right".

I will have to check if this scenario works as it may have been broken with all the changes for normal IFR flights, but I believe it should still work.  I have never tested the same airport for Departure and Arrival in an IFR flight plan. 

For IFR approaches, take off and depart the pattern normally, when you get to a point from which you want vectors to an ILS, call Tower with a request like "Tower, Beech One Victor Bravo is 15 miles Northeast at 5000 feet request vectors to ILS for Runway one seven right".

This is basically what I did  Dave and it did not work at all..

------------

I took  off andI kept on flying  rwy heading hoping to have atc tell me to turn back and line me up w/ the rwy  but instead atc was silent (I did validate and file  the fplan) .Then when i contacted  and asked tower again  to   give me vectors for rwy21 atc sent me even further away from the airport.

----------

I did try a few times. BUt I got what  they appeared to be random directions. Everytime I was out the tower radius i got bogus  vectoring

OK, thanks.

If you could send me the flight plan you filed, I can check I out.  Just press the "Save" button under the flight plan and send me the .vbf file that is created.

Thanks,

Dave