Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Reloading FS2crew with saved situations. P3Dv3.2, Button Edition

Hello,

I think I already raised this issue in the past with T777, but now, after the several tests, I can fully confirm that for some reasons the approach FO procedures are "dead" when I continue a flight from saved scenarios. The statement is valid for both NGX and T7 FS2Crew button products. Unfortunately, I MUST save the flight situations before TOD to avoid OOM, especially on long hauls.

Here is what happens (either NGX and T7) when I resume the route at almost TOD from a saved situation.

1. Reload a flight

2. Dial FS2Crew (either one) procedures toward to Descend Checklist.

3. Run APP Briefing, make sure that the Descend Mode is Active

3. Run Descend Checklist and double check that DM is active again.

4. Begin the descend.  

Now, the most important observation...

5. When crossing 10k, FO doesn NOT turn on the LL on neither T7 nor NGX - a clear indication that there will be no FO actions during the approach and landing. AGAIN, this only happens with saved flight situations. FO does his job perfectly when I fly a full route without saving a flight (short-hauls between ESSA and EKCH. for example)

6. Once landed, however, FO perfectly perform A/L procedures, Shutdown Checklist. 

The conclusion - something prevents FO from approach and landing routine between 10k and actual landing and ran out of ideas what is wrong. On my side, I checked the ft. vs. meters, checked the values for DH, MA, landing attitudes...everything.

Need advise how to resolve this issue. 

Thanks 

5. When crossing 10k, FO doesn NOT turn on the LL on neither T7 nor NGX - a clear indication that there will be no FO actions during the approach and landing. AGAIN, this only happens with saved flight situations. FO does his job perfectly when I fly a full route without saving a flight (short-hauls between ESSA and EKCH. for example)

Is it only the landing lights?

Which SOP are you using?

It can be complex because there are multiple options for the Landing Lights.

Do you have your FMC setup in full?... a lot of data is read out of the FMC.

Bryan,

Thanks for the quick response.

1. No, it's not just landing lights weren't turned off by FO, it't the entire FO's chain of announcements is missing (I mean "one thousand, stable (or not), five thousand, approaching min" etc), from LL activation to the actual touchdown. Meanwhile, the FO responds to the final approach checklist and flap commands.

2. Button versions, both NGX and T7. No voice

3. FMC....Don't know how to answer to this question after 16 years of dealing with Boeing's FMC in the flight sims.  What do you mean by "FMC set-up in full"? Vref speed are all set and announced by FO, what else? Landing attitude on NGX is set manually (there is no such option on T7). I don't know.//

3. FMC....Don't know how to answer to this question after 16 years of dealing with Boeing's FMC in the flight sims.  What do you mean by "FMC set-up in full"? Vref speed are all set and announced by FO, what else? Landing attitude on NGX is set manually (there is no such option on T7). I don't know.//

In the FMC, did you have an arrival runway selected?

Cheers,

Bryan,

The answer to this question depend on sub-question "when".

Normally, I select the arriving runway once ATIS is available or ASN is able to predict a final wind direction data, so I normally choose the arriving runways in FMC BEFORE 10K attitude, but certainty AFTER the APP Briefing and the Descend Checklist. 

Bryan,

The answer to this question depend on sub-question "when".

Normally, I select the arriving runway once ATIS is available or ASN is able to predict a final wind direction data, so I normally choose the arriving runways in FMC BEFORE 10K attitude, but certainty AFTER the APP Briefing and the Descend Checklist. 

See if this makes a difference:

Look on page CONFIG - MISC(2)

Set the SOP2 FORCE TL FLOW TO 10K option to YES.

Yes, I have SOP2 (Button)TL FLOW to 10k set to "YES" already. 

Yes, I have SOP2 (Button)TL FLOW to 10k set to "YES" already. 

I'm not really sure.  Using Saved Situation files is always dicey with the high end 3rd party addons.

Something probably didn't initialize properly with the saved flight.  The initialization of variables is the problem.  This is why PMDG doesn't recommend Saved Flights either.

The conditions that need to be met are:

• Aircraft altitude less than 10,000 feet and greather than 9700 feet
  • Descent Mode is true
  • Checklist > PreFlight Checklist
  • SOP = 2
  • Config Option perform the flow at 10,000 is true

Those are pretty simple conditions, and you say you have no issues if not using a saved situation file.

So it's a weird one.

Bryan,

Could you please test yourself T7 FS2Crew saved situation scenario? That would explain a lot of things. 

• Aircraft altitude less than 10,000 feet and greather than 9700 feet
  • Descent Mode is true
  • Checklist > PreFlight Checklist
  • SOP = 2
  • Config Option perform the flow at 10,000 is true

Bryan,

Why does "Preflight CHecklis" should be open during the descend mode?

Why does "Preflight CHecklis" should be open during the descend mode?

Nope, the Mode as displayed on the Main Panel needs to be greater (>) than PreFlight Checklist, or simply not equals PreFlight Checklist.

Okey, understood.

This weekend I'm planning to do the following - create "Before-TOD" save scenario in some airport and run through various set-up alternatives and report back.

What really bugging me is that if it could have been an issue with "saved situation" in general, then the entire FS2Crew chain of events would have stopped working correctly. In my case, however, only the landing phase is missing from the chain. Thus, it  makes me feel that something is wrong on my side, but I literally ran out of ideas where to dig in.

makes me feel that something is wrong on my side

I'm more inclined to say it's a problem with the the PMDG 737 during the "initialization" phase.

As mentioned, saved files and complex 3rd party addons do not always play well together.

I'm just wondering whether it's just me who saves the flights with T7 and FS2Crew and others don't save OR...they do save as well, but don't have any issues with FS2Crew chain.

Just to provide an update. With NGX Reboot installed (actually the old NGX FS2C was overwritten), the problem with NGX saved situation seems to be gone (after 2 flights). Perhaps I should reinstall (for a sake of due diligence) T7 files as well.

Just to provide an update. With NGX Reboot installed (actually the old NGX FS2C was overwritten), the problem with NGX saved situation seems to be gone (after 2 flights). Perhaps I should reinstall (for a sake of due diligence) T7 files as well.

It won't hurt  :smile: