Sign in to follow this  
murderbybox

NL-2000 Too large

Good day! This is my first post here on the forums (Hurrah!), and i have a problem. NL-2000 makes AMAZING scenery for the Netherlands, and i'm eager to do a Vatsim flight from AMS to ARN. Swedflight does the job for ARN, but i still need AMS. You are probably screaming "cut to the chase!!", so i am. I don't h ave 21 gb of free harddrive space right now, so could someone using NL-2000 please upload the NL-2000 Amsterdam AMS, with the objects needed, to the file library? None of the others, just AMS. I would love you forever and ever if someone could,

Thanks, David.

:smile:

David,

I don't think this is necessary as you install only the components and airports you need from the  NL2000 installer. At least thats. what i did.

As far as i know downloading EHAM itself, the libraries and the 3D objects plus the installer setup file is all you need to download for EHAM itself. In fact i don't even run the 3D objects (i wanted to keep the VAS footprint down).

That worked for me.This will cost you 1.23 Gb.

Regards,

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

David,

I don't think this is necessary as you install only the components and airports you need from the  NL2000 installer. At least thats. what i did.

As far as i know downloading EHAM itself, the libraries and the 3D objects plus the installer setup file is all you need to download for EHAM itself. In fact i don't even run the 3D objects (i wanted to keep the VAS footprint down).

That worked for me.This will cost you 1.23 Gb.

Regards,

Mark.

I though that was only for fsX? I have 1.23 Gb of free space :D

Could you send me the link to that? 

Thanks, David

please disregard this post of me... I was providing a "let me google that for you". Only after reading the topic for a 5th time I noticed it is FS9 related.

Appologies, my bad.

Edited by vesalius

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

David,

You can find the info on the download for FSX(NL 4.0) at their home page and then the Downloads section. Here you can select the specific files I mentioned.

As Vital eluded to, if you are looking for an older version to support FS2004 or FS2002 etc, then this will not be possible as it's a only available as a single, sizeable download.

Last, I doubt if anyone would honor your request to upload NL2000's scenery here at Avsim unless the author(s) of NL2000 gave express permission to have their scenery uploaded as this would expressly violate their Copyright. They  also expressly forbid their software package from being distributed piecemeal. It would likely get someone banned from the forums for doing so.

I would suggest you contact the developers of NL2000 and see if they can assist you further if this is of no help.

Regards,

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

David,

You can find the info on the download for FSX(NL 4.0) at their home page and then the Downloads section. Here you can select the specific files I mentioned.

As Vital eluded to, if you are looking for an older version to support FS2004 or FS2002 etc, then this will not be possible as it's a only available as a single, sizeable download.

Last, I doubt if anyone would honor your request to upload NL2000's scenery here at Avsim unless the author(s) of NL2000 gave express permission to have their scenery uploaded as this would expressly violate their Copyright. They  also expressly forbid their software package from being distributed piecemeal. It would likely get someone banned from the forums for doing so.

I would suggest you contact the developers of NL2000 and see if they can assist you further if this is of no help.

Regards,

Ah. That sucks, I'd love to get 4.0, but the only FS i got is 9, so im SOL on that. I could get more than 20 gigs, but im not gonna bother doing that now: NONE of their torrents have seeders, so yeah.

I was going to upload the NL2000 files for FS9 to make it an easy download for people as all direct links appear to be dead leaving nothing but the torrent option. I asked first on their forum to not upset anybody but never received a response to give the okay to upload their files so I haven't done it.

Mark Daniels

I downloaded the FS2004 version last December from the link on the website. The link installs a legal torrent program which then downloads the files.

I was going to upload the NL2000 files for FS9 to make it an easy download for people as all direct links appear to be dead leaving nothing but the torrent option. I asked first on their forum to not upset anybody but never received a response to give the okay to upload their files so I haven't done it.

Hey. Could you upload them temporarily to Google Drive? Send me a link via private chat, and i'll (As i said in the first post) love you forevah.

Sorry, I couldn't upload anything for at least the next couple of months even if they gave permission because I'm going to be running on the limit of my internet usage. Don't have the free gig to spare at the moment. Try the torrent and give it some time. I downloaded it this way not long ago and it worked. It requires a little longer than a nice set of download links but the speed was still reasonable.

Mark Daniels

Sorry, I couldn't upload anything for at least the next couple of months even if they gave permission because I'm going to be running on the limit of my internet usage. Don't have the free gig to spare at the moment. Try the torrent and give it some time. I downloaded it this way not long ago and it worked. It requires a little longer than a nice set of download links but the speed was still reasonable.

Allright, guess ill just wait for the Netherlands.

Allright, guess ill just wait for the Netherlands.

Be prepared to wait forever then!!  It's been a torrent download since before I can remember when and I doubt very much that NL2000 will feel that sorry for us FS9ers and make it available as a direct download from their server.  After all, it's a massive file size and there's the small matter of pursuing development for FSX now which will probably get in the way as well.

Sorry to be so negative.

Dijvid

Be prepared to wait forever then!!  It's been a torrent download since before I can remember when and I doubt very much that NL2000 will feel that sorry for us FS9ers and make it available as a direct download from their server.  After all, it's a massive file size and there's the small matter of pursuing development for FSX now which will probably get in the way as well.

Sorry to be so negative.

Dijvid

I will wait till i get a better rig then.

Then, i'll probably purchase FSX or P3D, but that shall be a while.